MrGrey
Re: Xoops strong sides! - why choose Xoops?
  • 2008/4/22 6:44

• MrGrey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/13

Eh, well, earthlings... I'm not THAT ugly!

But surely there are plenty of humans that have a paranoic fear of getting abducted. ...or as what that matters, that debate should take more intuitive and self analytic ways.

Back in my backstreet, sorry... galaxy... all beings are well aware of the fact that reaching all kind of goals or foreign stars starts with a well understanding of the actual position to start from. Or as our old saying:
" - Know your toolbox before using the hammer to bash nuts and bolts."

Actually I have already installed XOOPS and now try to get some intuition around the basic facts on how to use it smart. Hope to prevent at least some trail and error.
/MrG

kerkyra
  • 2008/4/22 7:55

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

i dont know why exactly but for me XOOPS has better vibes than other cms's. I started out learning php js etc with xoops. Starting changing bits and small parts of module code and now making some of my own and working as a web developer for a company. (still learning-always learning). I felt it quite friendly to me when i first downloaded v.2.0.13 and the community was there for me to assist when needed. So i guess no matter if it changes hands (which is not really helping xoops) the community is an entity of its own and crowds tend to find the way of evolving and orginising theirselves.

The 3 most important advantages of XOOPS from my personal experience, are

Smarty, easy module handling, and always willing to help community. :)
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

wishcraft

I know I have always coded for the galaxy, I am always trying to work out cryptologic layer compatible with time travel routers that way we put a header in IPV6 for moving packets of data in time..

I don't know most people are not into the idea of being able to send a binary message into the past and future but I put my 2 bits worth in, when microsoft had a new usenet group for IPv6 from my understanding it is in there.. with the $ amount to cross the laxative stock market that exist in vectors of space

So in IPv6 there is protocol in the IP header for sending packets of data interstitially you know protocols they don't change much so you have to be creatively supportive of the unknown future... but is it..
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

wishcraft

See for the human to disprove something especially in the soul group that are born, work for the government, die, born, work for the government, die and so on, if you believe in that Buddhist sort of thing but with more the soul tell the dna it shape thing.. The control freaks of that type, like to 'disprove' stuff it is the easiest way of covering up things. And it goes on with that arguement of time..

I have never been abducted by aliens, and after been abducted by asian one time - 5 days, then the parallel side of life in Sydney (Geeze stuff you see on the TV like Gaza strip happens in micro cells all around this menial plant even in those perfect societies).. anyway I think I have had my mid life stress and the lot then

I am sure most of the Ambassadors of ETE would love to go to another planet Actually what would be better would be a full alien intervention on this planet, with IFO flying through the sky in the native tongue of the area with stuff like..

Quote:

As per section 10 of galactic law, we have come to your planet generally in peace, several of the corporations and government on the planet earth have breach corporate and species rights in the region of space featured at earth..

This intervention is an awakening of your consciousness and has been organized with the extraterrestrialembassy.com..

wonder if my server will cope, it would certainly load balance XOOPS which I use a relative low traffic website of pron for.. You know how websites for programmers are like tags and some pull full stunts like that in this galaxy and others.

Governments love interventions that the word that they always use at the moment, it is like this generations buzz topic.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

MrGrey
  • 2008/11/1 9:54

• MrGrey

• Just popping in

Awards

What do U think XOOPS got to have or "be" to win that packtpub award?

http://www.packtpub.com/award

ghia
  • 2008/11/1 11:05

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

More users to vote!

MrGrey
  • 2008/11/1 12:14

• MrGrey

• Just popping in

Just for correction... in the first part CMS's are voted to reach the finals.

Winners are descided among finalists by the board.

ghia
  • 2008/11/2 1:58

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Winners are descided among finalists by the board.

Only for the half.
Quote:
# Category Award winners will be decided on a points basis. The CMS that the judges and public have voted as the number one will be awarded three points. The second placed CMS will receive two points and the third placed CMS will receive one point. The CMS with the highest number of points overall will be declared the winner

limecity
  • 2008/11/2 6:39

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I love XOOPS for its simplicity in customizing. but still lacks in modules variety.

i love joomla for its comprehensive modules, paid or free. i dislike joomla for its pain in the arse configuration after installed.

i wished there is a xoopla (xoops + joomla) or something to have the benefit of both.
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

Mamba
  • 2008/11/2 7:12

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
i wished there is a xoopla (xoops + joomla) or something to have the benefit of both.

That's the goal for XOOPS 3.0
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits