script_fu
Re: @script_fu, Will_H and Snow77

Quote:

xlurker wrote:
Perhaps it's not, but it does smell a bit gamy.

Am I the only one who thinks that Will_H's recent announcement of charging for themes and now his father's accusations against XOOPS Design are a bit more than a little fishy?

Will charges 5 dollars to remove the link to his website. That means you can download and use his themes for free if you wish. Your a very smart person I see? lol

Quote:

Especially considering script_fu's past comments about XOOPS Design?

We half to re write them so they work on IE as well. It is a lot of work that well we don't half to do anymore. I only have one site left that is sporting a XD theme.

Quote:

What about the WHOIS info of the person who is squatting on xoopsdesigns.com?

What about it? Its mine... I bought it... I payed for it. If your still in doubt who owns the domain read this sentence again.

Quote:

Who stands to benefit the most if the top producer of paid XOOPS Themes gets a bad reputation. Ah, yes, another paid XOOPS Theme producer.

Gee I don't know?

You cannot be talking about Will he gives his work away for free. He only charges if you remove the link it cost five dollars.

Don't you feel the fool?

Quote:

If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish, and acts like a fish...

Then we must be at Long John Silvers or better yet Arthur Treachers.
Pass the ketchup lol

Quote:

I'm with JAVesey on this one. Take it elsewhere. The motivations for such bad press against a company that has been nothing but a positive contributor to XOOPS are suspect at best.

Your not with anyone and hiding behind another name. You have been around here so long that you mix up the facts.
Another good ol' boy who thinks they are gods gift to xoops! Oh and a know it all at that... That apparently doesn't know Jack...

Lol

xlurker
  • 2007/11/12 20:00

• xlurker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/2

I call it like I see it. What I see is somebody who obviously has questionable ethics (squatting on a few typo domains that are awfully similar to the company you're complaining about) accusing a company publicly who has contributed a lot to the community.

Having issues with XD is one thing. Dragging it into the public eye is another.

If you didn't want opposition, you should have kept your issues with XD private. By dragging it out into the public, you opened yourself up to scrutiny.

Know it all? No. But I know a rat when I see one.

Anonymous
  • 2007/11/12 20:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

1) Please remove the Moderator information from your signature. (We know it is an important coveted position but the purpose of the label was so that the position did not go to ones head and spill over negatively to the individuals XOOPS nic.)

No. I think it's only right and fair that the users of these Forums know who the moderators are so that they can contact us.

Coveted? What a laugh

We get nothing but criticism.... for either not doing things that people think we should, or doing things that people think we shouldn't.

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

2) When you make a Forum Moderator adjustment please just make it without comment other than YOUR reason for making the adjustment. Such as off topic... Bad language etc.,
Please cite the TOS that REQUIRE your interference.

You know full-well that we are not allowed to post in these forums using our "ForumModerator" accounts. You also know that when I posted in a private moderators forum I lost my moderatoring rights for about a week because of it.

I have to post my reason for making "adjustments" using my normal account. This is also part of the reason why I have my moderator status in my sig. I don't usually moderate without saying why. It's only fair.

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

4) Please refrain from coming on in your own name after making any moderator adjustment and furthering the discord by calling out individuals and scolding them.

Please see the above. Users tend to know want to know why posts are moderated and I can't do this without posting in my normal users account. It is a circle that can't be squared (or whatever the saying is).

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

Please help to calm the waters, not stir them.

Politely asking people not to post libellous statements about other users is doing this, is it not? See the first post of this thread. I used the word "please" a bit

I'm a nice guy. Really I am. Its not that long ago that Will and enjoyed a productive thread about themes and coding. There's nothing personal here and nothing that hasn't been done in the case of other disputes in the recent past.

How about if I try to be nicer and you try to stop polluting other threads with irrelevant off-topic posts?

vaughan
  • 2007/11/12 20:15

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

ok guys. Javesey has handled this correctly by all accounts. he has handled it in exactly the same way we handled the previous issue (similar to this), and IMO is the safest way for it to be dealt with.

as for xlurker. your opinion is noted. & to be frank (no disrespect bill & will), but what xlurker says about the domain issue does warrant some merit.

from an outsiders point of view, it is not just or fair to buy up a domain that is very similar and nearly identical to a domain name that's established and that has also been a good company for you to trade with over the years, even more so when you knew the person who owns the domain.

it's the oldest dirty trick in the net domain business. to buy a domain that is so similar to your competitor in hope that a person may just be mistaken and goto your site instead of the actual site they intended.

business breeds immorality!!

i'm not saying that is why you did it, but i'm pointing out that from an onlookers POV & the way things have progressed since february (when the domain was registered) does indeed look dodgy.

the only other trick dirtier is the example of someone buying 21stcentury fox and trademarking the name, then tried to make profit out of 20th century fox when y2k came.. but that backfired in his case, and rightly so.

BlueStocking

JAVesey.
This thread was started by you calling out three individuals.

...@script_fu, Will_H and Snow77

YOUR thread, created this futher discourse by calling three people into a thread where there was already discention.

IF YOU HAD to do it, then you should have had your say and closed the thread. PERIOD.

You are either a ForumModerator or an individual feeding the fued.

You moved from being a moderator to being a willing participant.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

script_fu

Fair enough all the domains have just been canceled.

Still doesn't change the facts....

Anonymous
  • 2007/11/12 21:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

You're not in charge of the complete facts, so let me explain......

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

JAVesey.
This thread was started by you calling out three individuals.

...@script_fu, Will_H and Snow77

Calling 'em out? That's a bit stong.

There was a thread prior to this one which contained libellous statements and personal insults which could not be left on public display. I'd already asked for a bit of decorum in that thread but my request was ignored on more than one occasion and by more than one participant. I had to lock and remove that thread. Although I was the one that locled/removed it, it was done with the knowledge of the other moderators.

Because that thread was removed I couldn't leave a comment in it where the three of them could see it. Hence the new thread. The title got their attention, and that was the aim.

Sorry if you think it a little blunt, but that was the tone of discourse at that time.

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

YOUR thread, created this futher discourse by calling three people into a thread where there was already discention.

IF YOU HAD to do it, then you should have had your say and closed the thread. PERIOD.

Given that the earlier thread had been removed, I disagree.

If I'd mode the first post in this thread and then immediately locked it I'd have been accused of doing something wrong, and rightly in my book; to post and leave no right of reply would have been an abuse of priviledge.

As it happens, I feel vindicated. The tone of this thread is a darned sight better than the one I had to remove.

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

You are either a ForumModerator or an individual feeding the fued.

You moved from being a moderator to being a willing participant.

With respect, you're again ignoring the fact that I am not allowed to post using my Forum Mod account.

Look at it the other way; if I'd just deleted the offending posts or edited then and said nothing then there would be cries of "censorship from faceless moderators" or some such.

At least I stuck my head above the parapet and have taken (and continue to take) the flack. Much better than sniping from the sidelines, eh?

Quote:
BS

No comment.

Will_H
  • 2007/11/12 21:13

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

idk who xlurker is, but if you would like to log into your primary account, and stop hiding like a bitch.... yeah, that would be super.

I am not sure why the word alleged keeps getting tossed around so much. Seems pretty point blank to me.

Regardless of what you say, XD and I target different markets, I personally do not consider them competition. They specialize in light themes, I develop graphic rich designs.

The type of people that we deal with tend to be different. On top of that, I send all of my excess business to Sublime, Aphex, and guess what XD. You can even go to my homepage and see a link to XD in my other designers drop down, so I for one am not threatened by them, and have no reason to be.

My problem in this is that Script_fu had a problem with the way they changed the terms of the contract, and snow kept linking him to their terms and conditions. Outright ignoring him. That affects every designers business, we all look bad because they want to be crooks. Yeah, they eventually issued a refun, but only after 2CO intervened.

script_fu

Quote:

vaughan wrote:

from an outsiders point of view, it is not just or fair to buy up a domain that is very similar and nearly identical to a domain name that's established and that has also been a good company for you to trade with over the years, even more so when you knew the person who owns the domain.

it's the oldest dirty trick in the net domain business. to buy a domain that is so similar to your competitor in hope that a person may just be mistaken and goto your site instead of the actual site they intended.

business breeds immorality!!

i'm not saying that is why you did it, but i'm pointing out that from an onlookers POV & the way things have progressed since february (when the domain was registered) does indeed look dodgy.

First off Will didn't buy anything... I did!

I bought the domain and proudly flew it in my sig. I thought it was a good idea. I was gonna use it for themes... Nothing more or less. The domain was up with no content and closed. I deleted it off the server and it has been sitting out in the wild blue yonder for a while now.

I didn't hide this domain from no one. Thats why you all know about it.

Now I don't own those domains anymore.

-------

It still does not effect the words on the xd website.
That said 4 New Themes a Month!

-------

All I tried to do was protect XOOPS user from the same.

Thats why I posted thats the only reason. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Anonymous
  • 2007/11/12 21:24

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Will_H wrote:

I am not sure why the word alleged keeps getting tossed around so much. Seems pretty point blank to me.

That's because you know the whole story. Those who don't, i.e. the vast majority of us, have to use the word alleged as there's two sides to every dispute.

This is not a request to post the contract for everyone to see, btw.

Quote:
Will_H wrote:

My problem in this is that Script_fu had a problem with the way they changed the terms of the contract, and snow kept linking him to their terms and conditions. Outright ignoring him. That affects every designers business, we all look bad because they want to be crooks. Yeah, they eventually issued a refun, but only after 2CO intervened.

My problem is that the dispute was brought to xoops.org when it could, should and, by the looks of it was, sorted out elsewhere using the correct channels.

Can we draw a line under this now, or is there more to discuss? I'm think of xoops.org's homepage here.

Many thanks

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits