Anonymous
Re: C,mon guys...... inspire me!!
  • 2007/9/24 14:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
script_fu wrote:

I think all the .png stuff really sucks.

Nice for transparent images used as buttons in Forums, etc, though.

And Mr Gates' browsers support them

JMorris
  • 2007/9/24 14:16

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Because...

Less is More !

You should need only a good idea and creativity.
Theme design don't need to be so 'technically complicated'.

What he said. Themes don't need to be so complex. No offense intended. I just think it's too complex to be a good "general" template to base themes from.

EDIT: Yes, look out the window for pigs flying and call and make sure h3ll froze over. I just agreed with Damaster publicly.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

aph3x
  • 2007/9/24 14:20

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

gif suck as quality, jpg would be a decent alternative but nothing compares to png and MS has introduced a Filter to render pngs in older browsers...IE7 has no problems with it.

If you make a "skeleton" for a theme it will most likely be compliant..the one i use for 1year now managed to get a theme installed on both XOOPS 2.2.x and XOOPS 2.0.x and with new 2.0.17 i didn't have to do jack...try that with morpho

The simple the skeleton is, the best results you will get because there is nothing you can break and try to fix, you just keep experimenting until you are happy with results
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Will_H
  • 2007/9/24 14:37

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Exactly.

gif? cmon man...

png in the only way to go.

Adobe would not build an entire application (Fireworks) that utilizes the png format if it weren't the viable solution to the long argued "best format" controversy.

The only reason that Microsoft was so slow to get on the png bandwagon is they had stock in the royalties that go with an application using the gif format. png is however open source and a far better preservation of image quality.

png doesn't necessarily mean transparent.

png is the new psd.

Quote:

a tutorial for turning a psd into a theme...

I could whip something up. slicing and all that can be confusing at first, but once you do it once its a walk in the park. as far as turning it into a XOOPS theme, thats even easier.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits