davidl2
Re: Where can I advertise Xoops commercial services?
  • 2007/7/27 17:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Bender is no longer a moderator here, so cannot do this.

jeffgr
  • 2007/7/27 17:29

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

Thanks for everyone's replies to this thread! Obviously there is some interest in this subject, and it has brought up other related subjects as well (advertising in modules, etc.). Please continue on discussing these things here, it's something we don't talk about enough, and I think more commercial XOOPS developers will only help the Project...

I have decided that I am going to start up a new web site where XOOPS users can post requests for complete web site development, custom theme designs and module tweaks & modifications. This site will be located at:

www.XoopsExperts.com

This is nothing at this address right now. I will have a basic site up and running by the end of the weekend.

*Please note that this site is completely my own endeavour, and is not affiliated with anything that is "officially Xoops".*

The site will serve two purposes for those who want to register (free for all): it will act as a place for people to post their XOOPS jobs or paid work requests, and it will act as a place for any XOOPS user to create a profile page, where they may advertise their services.

This will not be a bidding site, and developers will not be allowed to mention specific prices or rates in their profiles, although general price ranges will be ok. Potential clients can peruse developer profiles, and contact you by PM or through your own web site contact info if interested. I think that doing things this way will reduce the inevitable downward spiral of prices, which ends up benefiting neither client or developer in the end.

I will post here again on Sunday evening to let you know that the site is open & ready for business!

Cheers,

jeffgr

BlueStocking

http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=Xoopswiki2:Community_Portal

It's been thought of before....
It will be interesting to see how much response you get.

Good luck...
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Peekay
  • 2007/7/27 19:27

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Actually, I think a contract bidding site that is CMS specific (Xoops) would be quite a good idea!. Anyway, good luck with that site jeffgr, whatever format it takes!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/27 19:39

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
I think that Bender's the list of "Xoops developers for paid projects" is what we are talking about.

Hopefully Bender (or somebody else) update it and (better) place it in a block or something...

That is a great idea. It might be a project we might pick up a little later.

Quote:

jeffgr wrote:
...The site will serve two purposes for those who want to register (free for all): it will act as a place for people to post their XOOPS jobs or paid work requests, and it will act as a place for any XOOPS user to create a profile page, where they may advertise their services.

This might work even better.

www.XoopsExperts.com would be a good compliment tohttp://www.xoopslance.com which is a bidding site

Having both sites is a good idea.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

jeffgr
  • 2007/7/27 19:54

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Cool site kc0maz, I hadn't seen that site before.

Yes, I will be taking a different approach with this site...there will be no bidding on services, just help requests by potential clients, and, if an XOOPS Expert (which could be anyone that feels they are so qualified) wants to offer their services, they can contact the client directly with a proposal / offer / price quote by way of Private Message or Email. If you read the "sticky" thread in the forum on the site, you can read more about how I am thinking it would work.

Cheers,

jeffgr

www.XoopsExperts.com

Peekay
  • 2007/7/27 20:21

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:
xProjects.co.uk is no longer available due to lack of time for support and the demise of Xoops. RIP xProjects

There's one link from Bender's 'developers for paid projects' list that needs removing right now.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits