jilong
Re: Registration Extra fields?
  • 2007/1/13 9:54

• jilong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/10

I almost give up, after install 2.2# only know that version 2.2# are not support Job Listings. What i want is change the registration form look like online resume form. I try to hack by myself but i fail to write the value into database.

Here is my step:
1. On PhpMyadmin i go to xoops_users add a new field call home_adds.

2. Open registerform.php add in the line "$reg_form->addElement(new XoopsFormTextarea(_US_ADDS, "home_adds", $myts->htmlSpecialChars($home_adds),25, 5));"

3. add this 4 line in register.php:
$home_adds = isset($_POST['home_adds']) ? $myts->stripSlashesGPC($_POST['home_adds']) : '';
echo _US_ADDS.": ".$myts->htmlSpecialChars($home_adds)."<br />";
<input type='hidden' name='user_adds' value='".$myts->htmlSpecialChars($home_adds)."' />
$newuser->setVar('home_adds', $home_adds, true);

4. add in this 2 line in userinfo.php
$xoopsTpl->assign('lang_address', _US_ADDS);
$xoopsTpl->assign('home_adds', $thisUser->getVar('home_adds'));

5. add in the below line in to languag/user.php
define('_US_ADDS','Correspondence Address');

I just can't write the value into "home_adds", am i miss up something to change? Please guide me.

Thanks

vaughan
  • 2007/1/13 11:27

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

dunno why you are doing that with XOOPS 2.2.x

you can create any field name you want from within the extended profiles module itself.. so hacking the code like you have is counter productive and a bit silly really.

& as you are new to XOOPS you should have used 2.0.16 version instead of a version that is not classed as stable or recommended.

sinablack
  • 2007/1/13 12:44

• sinablack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/12

well thank you for your help dear vaughan, but i still have my probleme, i can add this field but it doesn`t display the display name as the user name,
and i`ve found another problem with this module, users can change their usernames themself, i want to disable this action,
and another problem is that user`s cant upload their avatars
Soon we must all face the choose between what is good to US and what is the truth!!!
300 the movie

vaughan
  • 2007/1/13 13:15

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

are you talking XOOPS 2.2.x extended profiles module or are you talking XOOPS 2.0.16 smartprofile? either way tho it's strayed from the original posters questions.

displayname is a part of XOOPS 2.2. check preferences to disallow changing username or displayname.. and allow avatar uploads etc etc. a displayname is not a username. only XOOPS 2.2 has that feature & not XOOPS 2.0.x

and my comment above was for Jilong and not you.. that's the problem when you hijack other peoples threads with a different issue. you automatically think the replies are for you.

sinablack
  • 2007/1/13 16:20

• sinablack

• Just popping in

Quote:

vaughan wrote:
are you talking XOOPS 2.2.x extended profiles module or are you talking XOOPS 2.0.16 smartprofile? either way tho it's strayed from the original posters questions.

displayname is a part of XOOPS 2.2. check preferences to disallow changing username or displayname.. and allow avatar uploads etc etc. a displayname is not a username. only XOOPS 2.2 has that feature & not XOOPS 2.0.x

well i was talking about smartprofile in xoops2.0.16
i though we can make a field such as displayname in xoops2.2
but i was wrong.
about my problems:
1- people cant upload their avatars, that means they have no access on avatar in this module, and i`ve allowed them to upload their avtars but it doesn`t go
2-user`s can change their username with this module and i want
disable this action.
Quote:

and my comment above was for Jilong and not you.. that's the problem when you hijack other peoples threads with a different issue. you automatically think the replies are for you.

well i had the same problem
in my localhost it was working perfectly but in my host it wasn`t working.
Soon we must all face the choose between what is good to US and what is the truth!!!
300 the movie

jilong
  • 2007/1/13 16:34

• jilong

• Just popping in

Does smartprofile have support PHP4.4.4 version?

ccdoss
  • 2007/1/13 17:11

• ccdoss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/21

Vaughan,
Your previous message concerning my question has helped. I edited the system_block_login.html, and see a new form. I haven't completed the steps, but have an initial question. How do I make password and verify password fields with Smartprofile? I know how to add a new field, and I guess it'd be a textfield. However, how do I make it act as a password field, where the user's input is **** instead of text, and how do I make sure the verified passwd=other password? Also, does it verify the username isn't taken already? If so, how? Which field is it looking at?

sinablack
  • 2007/1/14 10:13

• sinablack

• Just popping in

Quote:

vaughan wrote:

well i was talking about smartprofile in xoops2.0.16
i though we can make a field such as displayname in xoops2.2
but i was wrong.
about my problems:
1- people cant upload their avatars, that means they have no access on avatar in this module, and i`ve allowed them to upload their avtars but it doesn`t go
2-user`s can change their username with this module and i want
disable this action.
Quote:

well i had the same problem
in my localhost it was working perfectly but in my host it wasn`t working.
300 the movie

jilong
  • 2007/1/14 14:58

• jilong

• Just popping in

Hi vaughan, now i have try to install the XOOPS 2.0.16, Job listing 2.4, smartobject_0.9_beta and smartprofile-php4-v0-02 (download fromhttp://xoobs.net/modules/wfdownloads)

1. I go to "premission" set all field to visible to everyone.

2. I go to "Registration Step", i add in 2 step Personal information and Education information

3. I go to "Field", click into every field and set assign it to show in registration form step.

4. Create the redirect in userinfo.php
Quote:
$uid = intval($_GET['uid']);
if ($uid <= 0) {
redirect_header('index.php', 3, _US_SELECTNG);
exit();

}
redirect_header(XOOPS_URL.'/modules/smartprofile/userinfo.php?uid='.$uid, 0, 'Redirecting To Profile');
header('Location: '.XOOPS_URL.'/modules/smartprofile/userinfo.php?uid='.$uid);
exit(); [quote]

5. Edit the user menu 'edit account' url in root/modules/system/templates/blocks/system_blocks_user.html
[quote]<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/smartprofile/edituser.php"><{$block.lang_editaccount}></a>

6. Edit the user menu 'edit account' url in root/modules/system/templates/blocks/system_block_login.html
Quote:
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/smartprofile/register.php"><{$block.lang_registernow}></a>
quote]

Yet, when i click the Register Now it still lead me back to the original registration form. i have also menually type in the link ...../modules/smartprofile/register.php the screen show me:
[quote]Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area.

am i miss up something here?

sinablack
  • 2007/1/14 17:03

• sinablack

• Just popping in

hey jilong
nothing is wrong just you have forgot to give a permission to guests on your website to access on smart profile module, to fix this
you have to go to system-->groups-->Guests-->Module Access rights, and mark the smart profile. and the end apply.
now everything has to be back in order!!
300 the movie

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits