Bender
Re: New User Can Not Register
  • 2005/12/17 8:18

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check out this link and the stuff mentioned there. Since it there also happened for diefferent people for even possibly different reasons:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/3848

Maybe any of this fits to your case?
(which would be likely since if you changed nothing then something would have to have changed serverside)

Did you follow my suggestion and tested locally (so this indeed happened using your files and different (appache/php/mysql)or on your life site?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Bender
  • 2005/12/17 8:24

• Bender

• Home away from home

Several findings on the web show the similarity of changes in mod_security ...

Quote:
I started to get this error some too today. I was getting an internal server error while using PHP 5.1.1 and then I switched back to PHP 4.x (the latest version) and now I've been getting these errors now and then. My host has been making some updates/patches that are security related I beleive, so this may be it. Also, when I check my PHPinfo, it says it's using PHP with a Hardened Patch', mybe this has something to do with it?

Quote:
My hosting company told me a security patch they installed was affecting the gallery. They adjusted something on their end and it fixed the error.Quote:
I didn't save the email he sent me about it, but it had something to do with the mod_security patch. The mod_security thing also caused me problems rebuilding templates in MovableType on my own site. I believe he found some workarounds so that the patch could still be in use, but not affect Gallery or MT.

Quote:
Do you have mod_security installed on this box? The error Not acceptable - 406 error i suppose- could be generated usually when it violates mod security rules.So if thats the case u will face the same error on new scripts as well , as for example if you have mod security to catch up your /tmp folder which is disallowing 4images ?thanks dude! i talked to my webhost, indeed its mod_security that created the error page. My script is working perfectly now!
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

stelian
  • 2005/12/17 12:00

• stelian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/17

I had the same problem.

I installed XOOPS 2.0.13 and then updated to 2.2.3 and averything works fine. (well, everything except friendfinder module )

I tolked to my server administrator and he told me that that error was from a rule from the security modul mod_security from Apache.

Regards.

PS: please excuse my bad english.

Daethian
  • 2005/12/20 5:12

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/3/4 1

New registers can't join my site either. But I'm getting an error saying the account has not been activated.

How do you uninstall the modules to see if one is conflicting???
http://www.artfire.com/daethian
My Artfire store- Vintage Jewelry and New Bead Jewelry

Digital8
  • 2005/12/20 13:15

• Digital8

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

This is Strange I went on Vacation came back and a friend told me my site reg no longer worked.

Site has been up for a month or so now and has been working up till last week.

Is this a server issue or xoops?

Anyone know?

Funny Thing I have two sites on the same server one is using a older version of XOOPS 2.0.7 and it works fine still with reg. and my newer site with 2.2.3 the reg. stopped working and gives a error 406 "An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/profile/register.php could not be found on this server."

Thanks for the info in advance.

stelian
  • 2005/12/21 6:08

• stelian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/17

Digital8 it is from a security setting from the server. Read all the topic.

Daethian
  • 2005/12/21 6:10

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/3/4 1

I turned off all the modules except the system module and #OOPS# near locked myself out of the site.

Anyhow I have the private messages module active and the extended profiles module active.

I still can't register a new account.

At the same time I'm having issues with the Calendar Module and the Web Links module telling me I don't have the rights to access them via the blocks. Could this be related?

This is parked on someone else's domain so I will see if I can get the other info requested.

Is it possible to get the OLD version of xoops??
http://www.artfire.com/daethian
My Artfire store- Vintage Jewelry and New Bead Jewelry

Bender
  • 2005/12/21 7:50

• Bender

• Home away from home

If you really want to downgrade from 2.2.x to 2.0.x:

https://xoops.org/modules/core/singlefile.php?cid=4&lid=124

kuramo
  • 2005/12/21 10:20

• kuramo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/6

Specifically my problem is as follows when I logout and then try to register - something I would not have tried until I saw this thread

"Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area."

All attempts to access register.php meet the same result. Would apreciate some clear help.

thanks,

k

Xoops 2.2.3
PHP version 4.3.11
MySQL version 4.1.13-standard
Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
Operating system Linux - (host)

www.kuramoonline.com

kuramo
  • 2005/12/21 12:17

• kuramo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/6

I hope this is the end of my problem - but I have given the anonymous group access to the extended profles module - which has solved my problem.

thanks.

k

www.kuramoonline.com

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits