• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

in my personal opinion i have tested severals CMS

like..
Drupal
MAMBO
Nuke
Web Baker (also a good choice,if you want a small site)
etc..

and for many reasons i stay with XOOPS

i am been on the web since 1997 so i have some kind of experience with the products.

for the guy who like drupal so much... am sure i got impressed with blue theme that come with drupal.. and he dont even know how to use it, that all

Herko
Re: Drupal
  • 2005/9/22 4:29

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

what!? I'm NOT going to get the long awaited letter to my manager (who is that?) from your lawyer? Aw man.....

Seriously tho, Drupal is a good project and a very nice system. It's not XOOPS, and we're not Drupal, (just like an olive is nor a grape, even tho they look alike ).

As for moderation, I'll think about it. I'm definately not one for censorship, critisism can and should be posted here. Just like fanmail But more people to help out on the forums (bumping posts, putting posts in the right forum, pointing towards other posts with the answer, FAQ entries etc.) as well as keeping it clean and respectful, is definately a good idea. Only a few people have gotten a warning, and only 3 people have been banned from XOOPS.org -ever. (Who remembers Half-Dead, Maximus Illuminati...?) I DEFINATELY didn;t like to do that.

Silent ignoring is a sign of weakness to the rest of the community IMHO, but not bad a way to deal with people just wanting attention. We'll have to find a good way to deal with this, and soon.

Herko

brash
  • 2005/9/22 4:30

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
"Official moderators" are sign of weak spirit. As history teach us - best method of handling with trolls is Silent Ignorance, but all you yield on the provocation as the small children
Sad...

I understand what you are getting at LB, but I totally disagree. Just because someone chooses to come into the community and act like a jerk should not mean we as a whole should have to grin and bare it. What you have suggested is very idealistic, but in the real world simply does NOT work.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

LazyBadger

Quote:

What you have suggested is very idealistic, but in the real world simply does NOT work.

We live in two different real worlds? 8-o
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

MadFish
  • 2005/9/22 6:04

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Troll or not, why should we tolerate this kind of behaviour from anyone?

Anyway, my spleen is vented, I'm going back to something more productive. See you next time on something more positive, I hope :)

Chappy
  • 2005/9/22 6:20

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I too am in favor of more moderation. It's one thing to allow criticism, indeed encourage constructive criticism.

Allowing the kinds of attacks that routinely occur in the forums only breeds more of the same, hurts the community, and draws valuable time and energy away from the process of helping those who are willing to learn and listen, and draws energy away from developing a better product.

It's just too destructive to the community.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

MadFish
  • 2005/9/22 6:51

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Just to clarify: I've got no objection to criticism at all, just abuse.

bryo99
  • 2005/9/22 7:03

• bryo99

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/13

qolspony, we wish you well in your endeavor to pursue Dupal. I am very sure it will serve you well.
I hope that along the way you get learn or two about humility. You never to learn care that most people here are ver selfless. They could be somewhere else doing something that more profitable but they choose to be here.

Here are some African proverbs that might help you in the future:
Dogs do not actually prefer bones to meat,it is just that no one ever gives them meat.
A cripple does not start a war song.
A donkey always says thank you with a kick.
A man who dictates separates himself from others.

For all the contributors of Xoops, please remember that your work is truly appreciated by many of us. Keep up the same spirit!

davidl2
  • 2005/9/22 9:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
"Official moderators" are sign of weak spirit. As history teach us - best method of handling with trolls is Silent Ignorance, but all you yield on the provocation as the small children
Sad...

LB - you do have a point on this...

As they say on other forums...."Warning - do not feed the trolls"

But perhaps a small ammount of moderation is not a bad thing.

I am a moderator on www.hexus.net - which is a very large technical community - we have a number of section moderators of which I am just one of about 30... each look after a particular section.

I dont need to moderate often... but its good to be able to help if needed.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits