terrion
Re: donations not logging ipn transactions
  • 2005/6/10 5:22

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I've been trying to get this module to work and just discoved this thread. My IPN test reports the following:

Debug mode activated

Xoops Donations Module

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opening connection and validating request with PayPal...
OK!

Notice: Undefined index: item_name in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: item_number in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: payment_status in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined index: mc_gross in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: mc_currency in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 92

Notice: Undefined index: txn_id in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined index: txn_type in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: receiver_email in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined index: payer_email in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 96
Executing test query...PASSED!
PayPal Receiver Email: Censored
Logging events

Notice: Undefined index: payment_date in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 227

Notice: strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in /home/birdclub/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 227

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't see any error messages, you should be good to go!

So I guess I'm not good to go... .

terrion
  • 2005/6/10 5:23

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

// Message got mysteriously duplicated. This substitutes for delete. //

toddherrold

you are definitely NOT GOOD to go! Yikes, lots of errors. Mine actually came back all of it's own accord today.

terrion
  • 2005/6/11 8:09

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

I wonder what it would take to get a zipped up copy of the module that xoops.org is running. On the surface it seems to be the same thing, and it's obviously running here. There are people donating every day it seems.

adrock
  • 2005/6/11 22:15

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

[EDITED]
I re-downloaded the xdonations block after the XOOPS module repository clean up, and had the same issues...

Originally I thought it might be an XOOPS version issue... but after locating my original xdonations 1.9 downlod, re-installing it... everything is working again...

To help me and others test this 'theory' of a bad 1.9 module being available, download my original version HERE, and let us know if it solves your problems...

Thanks!
[/EDITED]

terrion
  • 2005/6/12 2:34

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks to adrock for that link in the previous post. It's beginning to make sense now.

[Edited] I believe that the module that is currently in the repository might be mislabeled. When I have it installed the version number showing is 1.4 in the modules admin, but the name is 1.9 in repository.
[end of edit]

The version I installed using the link in adrock's post has a completely different table structure. It seems to work "better" but there is still not IPN Logging. It does NOT pull the donor's information from Paypal.

It does get you to paypal, and it is possible to complete a transaction, but that's about it.

Also the long list of error messages I posted earlier (a couple days ago) is not longer generated. It appears I should be "Good to go," but I'm not.

A little off topic, but:
The Triangle Bird Club, www.trianglebirdclub.org, has it's biggest event of the year in August. We're scrambling together to make this the biggest event ever for bird lovers in Southeast Texas and proud to launch our new website using XOOPS (it's about 2 months old now.)

This is our peak season for donations, membership drive, and just visibility in the community. I'm considering adapting the donations module to accept membership applications. I'm looking at formulair for developing a membership application, then have the "adapted" donations module accept the money transfer part of the membership application. It seems ideal as this group prorates the membership over one calendar year, so the tiered level of donation amounts is what first caught my eye and got me interest.

It would sure be a lot easier if I could start with a completely working donations module first though. I'd really like to get this part working.

If anyone is working on fixing donations/xdonations I could be at your beck and call for testing, or whatever you need to help out.

Thanks everybody,

adrock
  • 2005/6/12 4:44

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Quote:

I believe that the module that is currently in the repository might be mislabeled. When I have it installed the version number showing is 1.9 in the modules admin, but the name is 1.9 in repository.

That might need an edit

Well.... unfortunately, the IPN seems only to report when an Webmaster donates. I have it on two sites...

Site A: www.maggieroark.com
is XOOPS version 2.0.7.3
Reports the donators fine, but will not allow anyone but an admin to the actual donations page...absolutely baffling to me as to why...

Site B: www.teamphast.com
is XOOPS version 2.0.10
Reprted one donation from the webmaster(only after copying the table data from the 2.0.7.3 install to the current table of the 2.0.10 site), doesn't report info from anyone else.

I've spent probably $10 just in paypal fees donating back and forth as a member of different groups...on both sites...even went so far as to alter the paypal account address to be the same for both sites, and it still doesn't fix anything.

I'm of the opinion that this module is no longer compatible with XOOPS in it's current version when run as a clean install...It's not paypal...as the module works fine with paypal when installed on older versions, and from what I am seeing around the community, it appears to work just fine with sites that have upgraded their XOOPS versions.

The only place I can not get it to work is on 2.0.10 or higher when run as a clean install.

ANY help with this would be appreciated enough to get me to Donate through a PayPal module!

terrion
  • 2005/6/12 6:11

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
I've spent probably $10 just in paypal fees donating back and forth as a member of different groups...

I know what you mean. I'm getting smarter now though, just started doing my testing with $1 donations. I'm afraid that Paypal is the one getting the donations right now!

If we keep bumping this thread someone will come along with the answer. There's way too many outstanding sites out there using this module for this thread to not get some attention.

Chappy
  • 2005/6/12 7:38

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

To be clear, I am using what is called xDonations 1.90. The module information on the admin page shows it as Paypal Donations 1.90. On the little dialogue box that opens uop when you click the info link on the admin page, its called simply Donations 1.90.

This module, linked to earlier in the thread by Monty, is working for me on my site with both admin making donations and other groups. It does need further development, but it is working and logging accurately.

jdseymour

I also use xdonations 1.90 beta. The IPN function seems to be working for me with the e-mail address I have registered with paypal. These transactions are reported and logged in the admin section. That works and the funtionality to move a donating member to a different group also works for me, as my donating members are added to the "site Supporter group" automatically upon donation.

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits