hervet
Re: XOOPS mascot
  • 2005/4/8 18:51

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Whatever mascott we use, I think that the most important point is that we need to be able to use it freely, without restrictions.

Bye,
Hervé

JulioNC
  • 2005/4/8 19:32

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

Publicado

today I have created an image based on the resources in those that XOOps is based.
This is not official.

I will wait the official mascot.

IMG 1
Resized Image

IMG 2
Resized Image

excuse, I speak in Spanish!
--------

hoy he creado una imagen basada en los recursos en los que se basa XOOps.
Esto No es oficial.

Esperare a la mascota oficial.

Peekay
  • 2005/4/8 20:39

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

How about an owl? 'cos they're smart. Everyone loves owls and their big eyes look like the two 'OO's in Xoops.

And an owl hoots... which rhymes.

So we could have a song too.

LazyBadger

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
My thoughts: I like the first one best, but I think it needs to be 'cooler', more 'self-confident' I think. It's hard to explain...
Herko

And here my:
with any of such type mascot XOOPS'll get absolutely wrong bad positioning: "child toy". See at this comic's heroes - and think about "does we play in games or we (make|use| build sites with) serious CMS for serious man with serious tasks". Even Bestie haven't idiotic smile and the swollen eyes

pod
  • 2005/4/8 23:01

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

XOOPS is more than welcome to use the "mascot" I created for MyXoops... hes cute, simple, & easy to manipulate.

Check him out below, or see him in action at the top of the page here.

Resized Image

JulioNC
  • 2005/4/9 0:46

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

IMG2
http://www.ktf-split.hr/~eni/goran/pokemon/slike/025.gif

Resized Image

@thepod

Resized Image

wtravel

I think if we are going for the fox as out mascot, it should be just the head of the fox. That way it will be easier to use it overall, so that the mascot will become more recognizable.

Also it should focus on smart, self assured and convincing. I like the example above in Herko´s post, but I think it does not embody the right image for xoops. I would rather go for the serious looking fox head.

For example, imagine this picture to be edited so that it will have the colorful look of a cartoon, but the image of this smart, self assured and convincing fox.

Resized Image

Martijn

Kainaij
  • 2005/4/9 9:11

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

I agree with wtravel, the mascot should be less "cartooney", and more serious. For example what my favorite team did with a horse in their third jersey logo:

Resized Image

Maybe not so foreboding, but have him (or her) portrayed in a more serious manner. On the other hand you can't have him (or her) too serious either because then who wants to be friends with a mean owly (no offence peekay) curmudgeonly fox. As a mascot he's got to reflect the community he's representing. Kind of like the guy that everyone likes, he's got to have some charisma. In short, a nice smart fox with a quick wit.

Overall, if I were to pick an alternate animal. I'd pick a lion, simply because he's the leader of the pack (or pride, whatever). Of if you still would like the "x" related names, how about a Lynx?

carlmcdade
  • 2005/4/9 9:29

• carlmcdade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

In keeping with my push for a zoo and seeing the horse graphic makes me think that some sort of griffin, the mythological animal that was a composite of other animals would be a good choice.

Kainaij
  • 2005/4/9 9:29

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Taking that Lynx alternative one step further, here's a couple images to get ideas from:

Resized Image
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits