LazyBadger
Re: [EDITO] Editio 2.3 version for test

Quote:

twitaman wrote:
Would it be possible to see this module demonstrated anywhere on a site? If someone is using it, please provide a link to it in action -- I know a lot of people would like to see what it looks like when used.

Yes, it's possible to see and even more - try to play with it in sandbox.

XOOPS Modules Proving Ground (http://modules.xoops.ru) have Edito 2.3 installed (empty for now) - register, ask and get module's admin rights and use Edito as you want

jdseymour

Hi Solo71,

Great work on the new editor integration. I just have 3 simple entries in my Edito, was using 2.2. Here is my list of troubles. Which is really no trouble as I can easily start over.

I downloaded the module and upacked. Uploaded the module directory to my server. Updated the module in the module admin. Went to the module list and no editos where listed. all blocks here listed as red buttons.

I went next to my cPanel and entered phpmyadmin and checked the database. All three entried are still in the database. Did a manual import of the sql file supplied with the module, inserted with no errors. Checked my list again still no editos listed on the edito list page.

Anything else I can try befor deleting and starting over?

WarDick
  • 2005/1/31 22:50

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Hi Solo71,

Great work on the new editor integration. I just have 3 simple entries in my Edito, was using 2.2. Here is my list of troubles. Which is really no trouble as I can easily start over.

I downloaded the module and upacked. Uploaded the module directory to my server. Updated the module in the module admin. Went to the module list and no editos where listed. all blocks here listed as red buttons.

I went next to my cPanel and entered phpmyadmin and checked the database. All three entried are still in the database. Did a manual import of the sql file supplied with the module, inserted with no errors. Checked my list again still no editos listed on the edito list page.

Anything else I can try befor deleting and starting over?

I got the exact same results. I have started over on fresh installs of XOOPS and edito. I still cannot create the edito. Several say theirs is working! Can you create the edito.

jdseymour

Nope got an error "Cannot Create Edito" exact words.

carnuke
  • 2005/1/31 23:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I made fresh install on XSAS 2.0.6 (trusty version!)

Create new edito leaves 'New edito successfully created' screen permanantly in place.

However, the edito is created correctly and displayed in the index page.http://localhost/xoops2/modules/edito/admin/content.php

no redirect...

Thats as far as Ive got

jdseymour

Well this is the first module that I accually got Kovie editor integrated. Can't wait to be able to use it.

carnuke
  • 2005/1/31 23:31

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I agree on the koivi editor, it works a charm except for using the tables feature... noting happened when creating them.

BTW if anyone want to see the old version in action, its on my site under news and comment. Plus a block on front page.

solo71
  • 2005/2/1 8:05

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Wow ! Just one sleep night, and look who's there, frenetically knocking at my door!

Ok boys, I clearly note all your comments. My bad if I didn't made any very clear explanation about this new version.

I must admit I didn't tested the "upgrade" for any previous version (*shame*). So I can't say what could happen.

Besides this, I made a little change on the code 2 hours after I gave the download (but no one had replied). Could you test it again, maybe the errors are coming from there.

@Carnuke : yes, please send me the english files, I would gladly add it to the definitive version.

@All : thanks for your reports !

solo71
  • 2005/2/1 8:39

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

That's weird. I've just reinstalled a new XOOPS 2.0.9 on local and installed the above version of Edito and everything works fine...

I don't get what's going wrong there...

jdseymour

Here is a question for you solo.

Before I did a clean install of edito I exported my old tables through phpmyadmin.

Now I noticed that in this version you changed "id_edito" to "id_content", which I have changed in my sql file. You also added 1 or 2 extra fields. What option would I use to import this data back into the new tables? I try running the querie as is with the change for each separate entry, 3 in all, get a successful query but nothing is inserted.

TIA

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits