DonXoop
Re: Protector installation

whoa nelly.
Can we take the sniping to it's own thread before the original poster gets too scared?

just a xoopster wanting peace on earth....

giba
  • 2005/1/7 9:45

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

The some problem ?

===============
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/xtotal/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_query(): Too many connections in /home/xtotal/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/xtotal/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xtotal/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 16
=======================

Or this problem in remote server ?
Thanks

wtravel

Hi Giba,

Did you try the suggested solution in post #3 in this topic?

Regards,

Martijn

giba
  • 2005/1/7 10:02

• giba

• Just can't stay away

Yes I do
but not resolved

wtravel

Ouch, sorry, I thought you had the same problem and did not look at your error messages carefully enough.

Do you have any problems with using other modules on your sites at the moment? It seems like you have (or had) a server problem indeed.

Regards,

Martijn

giba
  • 2005/1/7 10:16

• giba

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Ouch, sorry, I thought you had the same problem and did not look at your error messages carefully enough.

Ok, thanks

Quote:

Do you have any problems with using other modules on your sites at the moment? It seems like you have (or had) a server problem indeed.

Regards,

Martijn

Yes, servidor problem too

It came back alone.
I believe that it was some problem in the server.

Thanks for help

wtravel

Glad to hear you are back online

Martijn

carnuke
  • 2005/1/12 18:20

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

A few days ago I opened xoops.org and saw a blank page with this error
Quote:
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/something/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/something/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 16
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

After a few moments and another attempt the main page loaded without problem.

Today the same thing happened on one of my sites when submitting a forum post.Exact same message.

I ahve been running protector for about 3 weeks with no problem, and yes the the mainfile.php is patched correctly

No violations are recorded in my protector advisor, so what is this?

Thanks

spiff
Re: Protector installation & Headlines module
  • 2005/1/12 19:14

• spiff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

GIJOE, folks: I seem to be having an issue with the change I made last night.

Problem:
The headlines module fails to refresh feed data: the block gradually empties itself until nothing displays at all; main headlines page remains blank below the list of registered feeds.

Changes made:
- installed Protector 2.2
- turned off register_globals & allow_url_fopen in php.ini, restarted Apache

Two XOOPS sites have the same symptoms, so it would look as though this is reproductible.

I'll try to investigate later tonight as to why this happens, but some of you may already have figured out a workaround, or know the reasons behind the failure. Please share.

spiff
Re: Protector installation & Headlines module
  • 2005/1/12 19:23

• spiff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Ah well, isn't the answer in my question?

Setting allow_url_fopen to Off effectively disables access to urls for the headlines module if it uses file('some_url') to refresh its data, right?

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits