brash
Re: Fuel usage module
  • 2004/11/30 23:35

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I agree with Alan-A, I think the application for a module like this has the potential to be much wider than just automotive. Need to get a reasonably solid module spec together first...

script_fu
Re: Fuel usage module

I might be wrong...

I think automotive is the second largest business on the net. Sex would be the first. Because automotive modules have so many "categories" it would be the very framework for any module you could think of commercial wise to follow.

Im not sure if anyone looked at my last post. Click the links and understand what takes place people. This is a lil different, picture liase & newbb talking to each other. There are examples like that all over the net. Thats what I call innovative and a way to use XOOPS that most people don't think about.

Food for thought...

Billy

script_fu
Re: Auto parts module

I think we need to be specific. Thats the very foundation on how other modules should and need to be built. Thats what people need to hack or expand upon. You need a gauge to mesure whats been achived people. In orderd for more specific modules to be built for everyone. No matter where you start and hows its done. It needs to be done! I think automotive is the vehicle to get there!

Quote:

Alan-A wrote:
Hi,

these ideas sound really interesting - but don't make everything auto-specific. The field of application will be much larger - and perhaps also the number of people willing to help - if the ideas are held more general:
- Maintenance covers everything from the dogs' injections and kid's bikes through to house painting and software security updates, not to mention reminders to remail my customers. This sounds to me like the further development of a calender module.
- A parts module sounds like the further development of a classifieds module.
- And a results module could be used for team or for individual sports.

Alan

smartroad
Re: Auto parts module
  • 2004/12/2 18:16

• smartroad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 8

@script_fu

The idea I was thinking of is kinda like a "online log book". In one section people can keep track of the amount of fuel they are using along with thier MPGs (or l/km), cost per litre (or gallon depending on where in the world you are!). The second section would have the ability to enter in information about servicing times (based on milage and/or date), when to check oil, top up the windscreen wash bottle, even when to clean the car. Then the system could send email reminders when the time or distance is reached.

Basically an online version of my spreadsheet.

Then maybe see about adding in extra functionality?

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits