philou
Re: We need more themes!!!
  • 2004/9/30 5:02

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

In fact it could be very useful to have an online CSS and theme generator.

After discussion with Herko it appears that a theme library could be install (at last) for the next week.
I'm working for this feature since many time and I hope that XOOPS users would be happy to having this library.
I have in this library more than 270 themes for XOOPS V2 and 160 for XOOPS V1.

I hope also that you (designers and graphics conceptors) could help me in this work. It means that since a year now I'm looking for some guys for creating/finding themes, tutorials.
I don't have as time I wanted for answering in forums but some good members make this support very good.

I hope at least that someone can help me to wrote tutorials and finding new themes.
You can contact me at philou@xoops.org for more informations

Bassman
  • 2004/9/30 5:02

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I wish they were in .png..... anyhow, i'll look forward to seeing your images.

Bassman
  • 2004/9/30 5:05

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

philou,
i've created around 8-10 themes, you could certainly have those.

I'm assuming this would be for themes.xoops.org? Great!

tvepsorg
Re:We need more themes!!!
  • 2004/10/6 0:31

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Sorry I didn't get back into this thread sooner. I was busy trying to figure out how to make my own theme. What I mean by this, is that there are a lot of themes available, but in my opinion they are very simple. There was one person that said that he did not use a lot of graphics. I disagree with that. I think one of the main things that makes a page pop out at someone is really good graphics. In reference to people on dial up... sorry... if you are still using dialup, you are seriously behind the times. If the computer industry keeps trying to cater to people with lesser technologies, we will never move forward.

So in summary.. what I think I was trying to say is that we need more graphics and more things that pop out at the end user. I like a lot of the themes I've seen so far, but something that jumps out would be really cool. Like the one used on maxmzone (the default one being used right now) that's a really cool theme, things like that.

sbkiller
  • 2004/10/6 0:36

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

If you have Photoshop you optimize your graphics with GIF and it will looks like jpg and smaller. Good for pixel site.

An example? Look at my avatar it's GIF format with high quality optimized

Haven't you try "The GIMP"? Alternative to Photoshop.

http://www.maxmzone.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=TheGimp

tvepsorg
  • 2004/10/6 0:37

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

In response to Bassman themes...

I really like your themes. you do a great job, better than anything I could do that's for sure.

Of your themese i like "devine" and "nwn" if you notice those themes use more graphics than say "light_green" or "light_purple".

Again.. really good job in my opinion on all the themes that are out there.. believe me.. i'm not complaining.. without cool people like you to make themes there would be no choices out there for stupid people like me, just offering my opinion about what i think.

sbkiller
  • 2004/10/6 0:41

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

I think he imported "devine" theme from somewhere because I seen this in other official site and it's a nice port.

sbkiller
  • 2004/10/6 0:46

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

To: tvepsorg

lol... Mine use quite a lot of graphics, about 30 of them. Can you run a test for my theme to see how fast it load?

Thanks!

tvepsorg
  • 2004/10/6 0:49

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

Well.. it would depend on what kind of connection you have vs what kind of connection i have. I'm sure the server that you are on serves out pretty fast, and my connection can received really fast, so there is virtually no wait time for me personally to bring up your site, but back to what i was saying with people who are on dialup.. they are very behind the times. I don't cater to their needs in attempts to get them inspired to upgrade. That's like trying to still make movies available on vhs.

tvepsorg
  • 2004/10/6 0:51

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

by the way.. if I may say, from what I've seen that you are capable of doing with themes, I am very much looking forward to your next release.

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits