schwim
Re: Is XOOPS used for business applications?
  • 2002/7/27 6:24

• schwim

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/25

I would agree that XOOPS is much more robust in many respects than PHP-Nuke. I've just moved over due to a db crash caused by phpn. I had been looking at XOOPS for a few months, and when this happened, it seemed like the perfect time to try it.

I like the fact that current bugs are actually squashed before creating new gadgets with more bugs in them. It's so refreshing to install this CMS and have no errors when accessing it for the first time!

Thanks for the great script!
Jason

TheGuru
  • 2002/8/3 21:40

• TheGuru

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/16

I am also using XOOPS for my business. Although I am not a programmer, I was able to modify it to fit my needs (most of them). For example, I pretty much altered the Sections module. The only trace of it being the section module is by the URL for it. (modules/sections/)

http://guruhost.net

Although it isn't a "huge corporate" business, none the less, it is a business to say the least. I am finding the one type of site this system seems to be hard to outfit for are gaming groups (squads,clans, etc.). I am currently working on extreme modification to get that down.

Kon
  • 2002/8/3 22:05

• Kon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/31

I use XOOPS to run a development portal for developers working on interactive tv and HDTV apps. We're a part of News Corp. I've got CVS, Xoopsforge and other hacks running with 3.0.4. Its an intranet site, but it works pretty well :)) I'm not even part of the IT department, but I wanted something easy to setup and easy to hack/add our own features to, and XOOPS rocks for this!

michaelmorris

The good news is.....I took a newspaper publisher to my XOOPS site today which is, shall we say, sparsley populated and very much under development. He is now on-board 100%. The problem is I will need to find a programmer who can carve a subscription mod to work with realtime cc processing in a few weeks. I also need to find a real professional to do a custom theme. Does anyone know where one would find those?

Commerciality of the product is only a few steps away. BTW, the newspaper will be online on my site for testing this week. Perhaps I can get enough $ from the CMS implementation to help motivate some substantial commercial improvements.

Bottom line - I will support XOOPS if XOOPS will support me.

Mike
www.socorrocomputing.com
mike@socorrocomputing.com

Vanquish36
  • 2002/11/10 1:37

• Vanquish36

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/3 9

I would have to disagree with the statement that this is hard to outfit for clans. We have 2 sites up. One is Clanlos.net and the other is 4th Ranger Clan. Please check them out.

Oki
  • 2002/12/11 19:26

• Oki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/4

But can i use the core engine and improve my specific features to sell?
e.g: Linux Red Hat

truszek
  • 2002/12/11 19:43

• truszek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/19

Check this: PcProject

Oki
  • 2002/12/11 20:14

• Oki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/4

Hi,

Look this article, maybe it's clear your doubts. Well, my idea about it is: You can improve features, modules and much more and those are considered customization, but you can't sell Xoops.

I have a little company and i distribute Xoops, but i'm selling just services for customization, e.g: Supply Chain module or Oracle integration.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Well, if i'm not right, please someone alert me.

[]'s

RicoCali
  • 2002/12/11 20:31

• RicoCali

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/29

Quote:

truszek wrote:
Check this: PcProject

I must say...that is the cleanest and yet most professional CMS theme I have ever seen.

truszek
  • 2002/12/11 20:36

• truszek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/19

Quote:
I must say...that is the cleanest and yet most professional CMS theme I have ever seen.

Thx

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits