carnuke
Re: What Web Statistics Package Do You Use?
  • 2004/2/22 12:11

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
It would be nice to have it in a XOOPS module,

You can easily show it in an iframe page within your site.

Do you notice any reduction in page load performance on your site after the stats installation?????

Jan304
  • 2004/2/22 12:49

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

I also use PHP-stats on my website and I'm very happy about it. However I once installed it on a (quite for me) high trafic server, and the server get slower and slower... So I had to remove since the hoster started complaining about to high MySQL use.

The solution to this is not using stats that add queries everytime somebody hits a link but parsing the log files, this requires more server resources however it is for example only done every hour. Check out awstats:
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

brash
  • 2004/2/24 3:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi Olorin,

I've ended up ditching the Blockies module for displaying pphlogger stats in favour of the module you posted. There is without doubt a significant performance increase, a good 30~40% faster site loading times using my works internet connection. What used to be around 35~40 seconds using Blockies is now 20~25 seconds with the module you posted. I think this has to do with the fact the blockies module uses javascript for fetching the pphlogger stats which is by the authors own admission is quite slow, whereas the module you posted uses PHP.

I also really like the look of the PHP-Stats stats module you posted as it has the same display format as the Lykos blocks which I use for displaying site stats. I do like the features, look and feel of PHP-Stats over the top of pphlogger and will be looking for the possiblity of migrating over. Still, I think pphlogger is very good, especially as it's free. All I need now is someway to convert pphlogger data to PHP-Stats.

Once again, Thanks for your post Olorin. The pphlogger and PHP-Stats counters posted by Olorin can be viewed on one of my sites at www.brashquido.org

bogart
  • 2004/2/26 0:11

• bogart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

Sorry if my question may sound stupid, but how do I enable php-stats to start logging stats for my XOOPS site? Where do I add the javascript line, in header.php or somewhere else?

I'm trying out php-stats and I was able to get it installed. Just not sure how to enable it.

Thanks.

brash
  • 2004/2/26 1:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I actually put it in the theme.html file of my theme, just under where the xoops.js javascript is called towards the top.

El_Jordo
  • 2004/2/26 1:24

• El_Jordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/23

Quote:

bogart wrote:
Sorry if my question may sound stupid, but how do I enable php-stats to start logging stats for my XOOPS site? Where do I add the javascript line, in header.php or somewhere else?

After you log into the main php-stats interface, click Options. Scroll down until you see Javascript to put in your pages in order to activate stats monitoring.

Stick that somewhere in your theme.html file. I put it all the way at the bottom, just before the </body> tag.

bogart
  • 2004/2/26 1:43

• bogart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

Thanks brash and El_Jordo. I'll put it in theme.html. Good thing I only have 2 themes enabled for now

I was also able to make the logging work by adding a custom HTML block containing the javascript. But of course, it results to an ugly block with nothing in it.

niktarin
  • 2004/2/26 8:12

• niktarin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/21

I am looking for a stat analyzer that can be installed on a sourceforge website.
If it was o module I would prefer it.
Any suggestions?

carnuke
  • 2004/2/26 8:50

• carnuke

• Home away from home

niktarin,

The problem is that there is still not a very good statistics module for xoops, that's why we are discussing stand alone scripts like pphlopgger and phpstats here. I have tried a module called "statistics" that is a simle version of the of phpnuke stats. You can find it in the Brasil modules pack. There's also some statistics produced in "Lykos blocks". Also do a search on google for "xoops module statistics" some possibilities will come up, mostly from french sites I think.

I have tried many of these options and the most noticeable thing is site page loads slow down with nany of them, especially javascript versions.

Richard

carnuke
  • 2004/2/28 13:10

• carnuke

• Home away from home

A question for Olorin,

I,m using php-stats and the pscounter. However, I'm using a different DB to log the php-stats, also php-stats is in my root, but XOOPS is not. I don't understand the language to be able to change my seetings to make pscounter work.Any Ideas??

Thanks Richard

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits