flyingtux
Re: WebMail2
  • 2004/9/21 8:37

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

I finally did it!
I got it working!!!!!!!
I'm now gonna send a mail to the author and ask weather he wants me to send him back the debugged version to publish it and ask to submit a download somewhere.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/21 16:01

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

HI

Well, put me on that line too.
If you guys could send me the fixed mod, it will be very appreciated

Thank you in advance

wilsoncortez@ig.com.br

Mithrandir

Quote:

thedocks wrote:
This is deffinatly a php.ini issue. I am supprised that you have not seen other notices. When you have big complicated php web site's the PHP engine produces them all the time unless your code has been written by the PHP God himself.

Pardon my French (and pardon to all Frenchmen here ) but that's bollocks. It takes so little discipline to avoid PHP notices and minor errors caused by e.g. duplicate constants, uninitialized variables and missing constants that it is just sloppy coding to allow these kinds of errors to pop up without an actual error occurring.

Suppressing error messages is not a fix!

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/21 16:51

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Suppressing error messages is not a fix!

I did not suppressed any error message. The module was not working simply because of some minor bugs/errors in the php code. I only followed the instructions I found on the authors website, applied all replacement to the code, made a minor change in the lenght of the "pwd" field in the sql and got it working.
As I said several times: I'm not a programmer, only a passionate person. I wanted this module to work and now it works. That's it.
Concerning the people asking putting online the "debugged" one: I mailed the author and asked permission. If I'll get no answer by tomorrow, I'll submit, at least, a step-by-step guide of all changes I made.
Bye,
ft

Mithrandir

That was not directed at you but at those, who suggested that you changed the php.ini to suppress the errors.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/21 20:48

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hey flyingtux
Great news

If you dont?t mind follows a link to the other thread regarding almost the same thing

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24779&forum=28&post_id=108209#forumpost108209

And please....anyone could send to me this mod(could be the fixed one )???
I never could get access to the author?s site
I always get a time out.
So, please..........

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/22 1:11

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Is WebMail is the same as WebMail2?

Which is new? or is just a different version?

jfernau
  • 2004/9/22 2:48

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

sbkiller -

From what I saw, they were totally different programs. Of the two, I'd say Webmail2 is the newer one.

I'm really glad to see people getting it working. I did get it to work for 2 test emails, and then it blew up. I never did get the chance to see what happened.

Looks like I may not need to now.

John

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/22 6:50

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

The webmail version of which we're talking is exactly the webmail2 fixed. That's why actually, when downloading the original by the authors website, only the .zip was named WebMail2.zip: after unpacking it, it was simply WebMail.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits