VI_Knight
Re: Installation - Blank Page after confirm database settings screen
  • 2003/10/7 12:36

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/16

Thanks for trying. Still no luck. Anyone else have any ideas?

VI_Knight
  • 2003/10/10 20:52

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

I tried re-doing it with the new XOOPS version. Still no luck. I am also not seeing any errors anywhere so I have no clue what the problem. I turned on all the error logging in PHP and i do see the php test page so i know that is working but I can't see any error messages to at least know where to start debugging.

8chrnick
  • 2003/10/16 18:22

• 8chrnick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/16

I got the exact same problem. I installed XOOPS on 3 other computer (not the 2.5 but the 2.5 RC, and one 2.4) and no problems.

Now running with the same configuration has VI_Knigth i get the same problem. Is there a way to get at least an error messsage that explain why it crash. I mean a blank page is just frustrating, migth be good for a running site but for the installation process it migth be usefull to know what is wrong, ill look in the source and start debug, ill give you news about it...

VI_Knight
  • 2003/10/17 14:00

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

Thanks. I am looking forward to hearing what you find out. It is just very frustrating. I tried a different machine altogether and re-installed and I still have the same problem. I have tried everything I can think of and searched all over to find a solution and I am now officially lost.

JamesDub
  • 2003/10/26 13:19

• JamesDub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/26

Im haveing the ame problem and I myself have set up everything right from the sql permissions to the database name and username and pass and to no evail I come up with a blank screen!Now If you typed the wrong database name or pass it wouldnt connect so you would get an error I get the green light on everything!I have installed php nuke and postnuke with no problems!!Can anybody tell me what the problem here is!

VI_Knight
  • 2003/11/7 20:11

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

Still No resolutiuon on this matter.

armonic
  • 2003/11/23 23:42

• armonic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/15

i got the same problem TOO! damn

i suppose it's a chmod or users/groups related problem arghhhh because i didn't get a blank page under windows environment!

Anyway, on mandrake 9 after the installation step "confirm database setting", i remain with an idiot blank page on the addresshttp://myhost/myurl/install/index.php

Maybe could it be something related to apache 2 new version?
uhmmmm sorry i don't know

HELP ME!!! David

ps. this testX were personally made:
1) install XOOPS under apache windows environment with database configuration pointing at my linux box mysql--> OK
2) installation cross testX with different browsers (konqueror, mozilla, nautilus,bla,bla,bla) from my linux box under windows environment --> ALL OK ! XOOPS seems to hate only my linux/apache environment :( sigh SOS SOS SOS
... --- ... ...---... ...---...

armonic
Re: Installation - Blank Page... SOLVED, YEAH! :)
  • 2003/11/26 12:02

• armonic

• Just popping in

THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE MY FRIENDS!

the "blank page" problem under linux environment may be caused by a php missing support for mysql, while it is present by default under windows environment. XOOPS tries to connect to db but php ignore it and the blank page appears :( arghhhh

So just recompile the php with MySQL support using ./configure and --with-mysql

I got apache 2 on my mandrake 9.1 so i used the internal MySQL lib instead of the lib under MySQL package but if you want to use MySQL lib point --with-mysql to MySQL directory (see php site for extra info about MySQL extension!)

NO MORE BLANK PAGE AFTER THE DB CONFIRMATION SETTINGS!!!

yeahhhh XOOPS works fine, throw confetti in the air and run in small circles under it.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
HERKO, MVANDAM and VI_Knight !!!

armonic
  • 2003/11/26 12:02

• armonic

• Just popping in

THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE MY FRIENDS!

the "blank page" problem under linux environment may be caused by a php missing support for mysql, while it is present by default under windows environment. XOOPS tries to connect to db but php ignore it and the blank page appears :( arghhhh

So just recompile the php with MySQL support using ./configure and --with-mysql

I got apache 2 on my mandrake 9.1 so i used the internal MySQL lib instead of the lib under MySQL package but if you want to use MySQL lib point --with-mysql to MySQL directory (see php site for extra info about MySQL extension!)

NO MORE BLANK PAGE AFTER THE DB CONFIRMATION SETTINGS!!!

yeahhhh XOOPS works fine, throw confetti in the air and run in small circles under it.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
HERKO, MVANDAM and VI_Knight !!!

gmf2000
  • 2003/12/2 20:38

• gmf2000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

If this were true then drupal wouldn't work either right? On my system I installed XOOPS and I get the blank page. You are saying it is because php isn't compiled with MySQL support but on my system drupal works fine and it uses php/mysql. I don't think the problem lies with php/mysql.

I'm running Apache2, MySQL 3.23.58 and php 4.3.4

Grant

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits