Bleekk
Re: What works?
  • 2016/5/26 11:16

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

Have you tried this version of publisher
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6748

And yes, xoops has a problem with modules.

Zap_English

Yes, I tried that version of Publisher first, and that's the one that wouldn't upload images.

Mamba suggested the second version and not only does that version not work, but I lost a lot of content

Bleekk
  • 2016/5/26 15:31

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

What is wrong with extcal here?
https://github.com/XoopsModules25x/extcal

Mamba
  • 2016/5/27 1:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Yes, I tried that version of Publisher first, and that's the one that wouldn't upload images.

Mamba suggested the second version and not only does that version not work, but I lost a lot of content

I am very sorry to hear it. Based on your previous messages, my assumption was that you're just testing different modules to find out what you like, and that would be just part of the testing.

My suggestion for you is to consider it as a test, and install XOOPS 2.5.8 RC3, and test the modules that are currently on GitHub/XoopsModules25x, as it will be a Win-Win situation. You will have a version of XOOPS that is almost ready to be released and which has several improvements, and you'll help us with making sure that the modules we're updating for XOOPS 2.5.8 are working correctly there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2016/5/27 2:08

• Mamba

Quote:
modules [...] all DON'T work

Unfortunately, we're in transition to XOOPS 2.5.8, where as Richard indicated is his post, we've moved to mysqli in order to make XOOPS 2.5.x series compatible with PHP7.

We're now in a process of updating the modules for mysqli as well, i.e. the older modules won't work correctly if they don't use the XOOPS DB API, but make "hard-coded" calls to MySQL using the old "mysql" extension.

While this transition might be frustrating for you (and few other users), helping us with testing will be a tremendous help for us, and will ensure that all the modules are working correctly on XOOPS 2.5.8, and the users have a solid migration to PHP 7 and are able to take advantage of all the performance improvements in PHP 7.

So let's do following: can you install XOOPS 2.5.8 RC3 and then test the individual modules there?

a) try first modules onhttps://github.com/XoopsModules25x/

b) if there are bugs/problems, please check if there is a newer version in my GitHub repository, and if these bugs have been already fixed. If they are not yet fixed, please submit a bug report on this particular module, and past a link to it on these forums too.

This way we can look into it and fix it.

Please be patient for a little bit longer, but I can guarantee you that by working together, we'll fix all the bugs and all XOOPS users will benefit from your help on it, and you'll have a very solid XOOPS version for PHP 5.5+ (5.5.x, 5.6.x, 7.0)

Please install XOOPS 2.5.8 RC3, and retest again the modules that you listed here, report any bugs, and we'll be working on fixing them. I plan to block several hours this weekend to work on these.

Quote:
mambax7/xoopsheadline

What are the issues here (please test on XOOPS 2.5.8)?

Quote:
MewBB Forum 4.33 RC12 (04/03/2016)
NewBB Forum 4.33 RC11 (03/14/2016)

What are the issues in RC12 (please test on XOOPS 2.5.8)?

Quote:
APCal 2.22 Beta-1

For a new user, I would suggest to work with extCal module. I'll try to fix some of the issues in APCal, but this is more for current users. I don't think, there will be any new development there.

Quote:
ext cal (2 versions)

what are issues here (please test on XOOPS 2.5.8)?

Quote:
publisher (2 versions)

What are issues in Publisher 1.03 Beta-2 (please test on XOOPS 2.5.8)?

Quote:

Red Mexico Polyglot

This requires RM Common Library, so please report all issues on Bitcero's GitHub

Quote:
News 1.66

I would not use it as a new user, but focus on Publisher. Current News users can try the News 1.71 Beta 1

Quote:
xlanguage

What are the issues here (please test on XOOPS 2.5.8)?

Quote:
image manager

This is only in Publisher, right? (please test on XOOPS 2.5.8)

Once again, I appreciate your patience and your willingness to test the modules. You can be ensured that this is not a wasted time for you, and we'll make sure that all the "key modules" like Publisher, extCal, and several others will work properly on XOOPS 2.5.8 and PHP 5.5+
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Bleekk
  • 2016/5/27 6:38

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

Hi Michael,

Are the above mentioned modules 2.5.7 ready?
Have all modules been changed for 2.5.8?

Bleekk
  • 2016/5/27 7:57

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

One more question:
Is it necessary to have php 7 to test xoops 2.5.8 and these modules?

Mamba
  • 2016/5/27 8:47

• Mamba

Quote:
Are the above mentioned modules 2.5.7 ready?

They should be, but they need to be tested.

Quote:
Have all modules been changed for 2.5.8?

You mean all XOOPS modules, or all the above mentioned?

If the second, then yes.

For the list of modules ready for testing on XOOPS 2.5.8, please see this article:
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6759

and follow this Forum:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=66

And I'll be testing this weekend the issues reported in XoopsHeadline

Quote:
Is it necessary to have php 7 to test xoops 2.5.8 and these modules?

No, testing on PHP 5.5+ (5.5.x, 5.6.x, 7.0) is fine.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Bleekk
  • 2016/5/27 11:14

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

Thank you for your answers.

I have looked on github and only publisher is released as final. All other modules are beta oder RC.

In my opinion here is a big big mistake how the modules are managed and updated.
I can't understand why modules are changed for 2.5.8. This is a RC version and there is no need to put so much effort and time to make them 2.5.8 ready before they have a final status.
We have talked a lot about this and I have always mentioned that xoops needs modules in a final version.
As you can see here we only upset new users which then go away from xoops.

One thing is also supporting multiple modules of one kind. Like the calendar module. See the Apcal and extcal module.

If someone would look on github and count all modules he would be like "WOW 100 modules!!" but only a few of them works.

Why do we not clean all old modules out and really put our time in a few like publiser, newbb, extcal, pedigree, contact and extgallery.

Xoops has lost the quality!

I think you do not agree with me but at one point developers should start to listen to users.

thanks

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits