rgauci
Group users after some days get a blank page when logged in
  • 2010/5/16 14:21

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

I am encountering a problem with Group users that after I set them up and create a user password and login for them foe a few days it works perfectly but after that when they try to login the home page is just a black page. Even when I as the webmaster login experience a blank page.

Do you think it could be a sessions problem????

To correct this I had too delete the Group user and his User account and create it again and of course set permissions for that group user. It works but again after a few days that problem with the blank page come up again.

I am using xoops 2.4.4
using Protector and mainly Publisher modules
and
Apache version 1.3.41
PHP version 5.2.5

Must tell you that the group user is logged in updating info during the day to upload articles and similar context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Be Set FREE!

rgauci
Re: Group users after some days get a blank page when logged in
  • 2010/5/16 18:14

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

I am also having a serious problem now that the website for anonymous is also a blank page.

please your help is needed here
Be Set FREE!

webmystar
  • 2010/5/16 18:19

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

please enable the debug mode and post the error message.

rgauci
  • 2010/5/16 19:03

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

I did enable the debug mode but as said a blank page means no code in it either
Be Set FREE!

ghia
  • 2010/5/16 21:29

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

MySQL version and database encoding?
If you disable temporary Protector, is it still a blank page.

What is this group users stuff? Is it an editor group with one user in it, used by several people? I don't understand what you exactly do to create/enable this.

rgauci
  • 2010/5/17 8:40

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Ghia this is what I did
1. Created a Group User and set up rights in this 'Create New Group' panel and saved.
2. Went in the Edit/Delete Users and created a new user in 'Add User'. The usual information I put in for that user with the same name that I created first in the Group User and ofcourse highlighted the Users Groups name and clicked on submit.
I do this all the time for my clients to update their own website with their own content like articles and photos.

Now in this particular case scenarion the only user I have you can call him an Editor and he is most of the time logged in to update sports news mostly. In this website I am using the module 'Publisher' and some clones of it and also 'Defacer' as I have a couple of modules that needed a different theme design.

Now the problem is arising that when the Editor (the user) is logged in to update the news and he is there for 2 or 3 hours online updating this white blank screen comes up, sometimes by refreshing the page the home page comes okay but sometimes it comes as a blank white page.

I was using Protector but for now I have dismantled it. Also when I as the webmaster and have full rights, do updates even for hours I never experienced this blank page on this website. Also when the Editor logs out the website as far as I know is working perfectly.

Sorry for this long post but I want to explain as clear as possible if its a sessions problems or something totally different. I have been using Xoops for the past 4 years and have learned a lot for you guys. Thank you for that, really helpful.
Be Set FREE!

Catzwolf
  • 2010/5/17 10:04

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

@ rgauci,

Have you changed anything with 'Sessions' at in Xoops admin, are they the default settings?

I assume this only happens with custom groups and not the default?

What other modules do you have installed and can you remember the anything you did before had prior to this happening?

Do you know which browsers your users are using?

Did you remove Protector or just disabled it?

rgauci
  • 2010/5/17 10:26

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Have you changed anything with 'Sessions' at in Xoops admin, are they the default settings?

I am using 'Use custom session' which is set for 30 mins
Quote:

I assume this only happens with custom groups and not the default?

Yes its only with custom groups
Quote:

What other modules do you have installed and can you remember the anything you did before had prior to this happening?

mostly clones of Publisher, but I am using 'Defacer' 'xcgal2' 'liaise' and 'mylinks'
Quote:

Do you know which browsers your users are using?

well most browsers IE, Firefox, Safari
Quote:

Did you remove Protector or just disabled it?

Yes I totally removed Protector

Just to let you know that before this happened I have built a whole site on another domain just for training purposes. When this was finished I created a new hosting account on a dedicated server (my client was with another hosting) did a fresh install of xoops and slowly inserted each module, theme and ofcourse databases of these modules and everything was working perfectly.

I am monitoring the situation at at this stage (without Protector) it seems to be working but if the Group user is logged in to update the site then sometime I do experience this blank page especially when I click on the 'Home' button but its okay when I just browse other links, no blank page.

I am monitoring and see what is really happening.
Be Set FREE!

rgauci
  • 2010/5/17 15:21

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

bump??
Be Set FREE!

rgauci
  • 2010/5/20 12:50

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

I am facing a huge problem with this Blank Page issue........

This is the scenario. I am logged in and in the Administration Area to update the site with the usual content, now if I want to home page from the Control Panel button I am faced with this blank screen page. If on the other hand I go to other modules (not the home page) it works fine.

Now I am using the following modules
Publisher (+5 clones)
MyTabs 2.2
Defacer
xcgal2
mylinks
liaise

I have designed 3 themes and using Defacer to alternate from module to module.

This is a clean install of xoops 2.4.4 and php5. Now I am very worried as its a headache ad I am wondering
Is the module like Publisher giving me a problem
or perhaps Defacer?

Please your experience is welcome!

This is the site www.maltasport.info
Be Set FREE!

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits