badcase
Installer Fails To Go To Step 6
  • 2009/8/13 15:03

• badcase

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/1 1

First let me say I have installed many a installation of XOOPS over the years and never had a problem.

When attempting to install 2.3.3 the installer wont go past step 5/14 when the correct database information is entered it simply reloads the same page and does n0t go on to step 6, it doesnt give a error message or anything.

I am having the same problem that others are having and they have posted the issue well over a month ago with no real solutions posted, i am going to switch my clients and my sites to a different CMS if this isn't resolved quickly.

with this issue and then the latest exploit that is actually in one of the protector modules files im starting to wonder if XOOPS is really worth using anymore.

trabis
Re: Installer Fails To Go To Step 6
  • 2009/8/13 15:49

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Provide your server specifications please.

The latest exploit has already been addressed, you can use modules provided with XOOPS 2.4 beta release.

Mamba
  • 2009/8/13 15:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Nathan, sorry to hear about your installation problems.

Quote:
I am having the same problem that others are having and they have posted the issue well over a month ago with no real solutions posted

Could you provide please a link to the other messages, so we could address it as well?

What environment are you using? (PHP/MySQL/Apache)?

Most of the time the issue is with not having 777 access permission to /xoops_data and/or /xoops_lib directories.

Quote:
with this issue and then the latest exploit that is actually in one of the protector modules files im starting to wonder if XOOPS is really worth using anymore.

This exploit is only if the /xoops_data and /xoops_lib are inside the Document Root directory. However, it has been fixed in the 2.4

I hope, we'll be able to re-ensure you that XOOPS is still worth using!

badcase
  • 2009/8/13 15:57

• badcase

• Just popping in

PHP Version: 5.2.2
MySQL Version: 5.0.45
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Debian

ghia
  • 2009/8/13 15:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

On what environment are you installing?

First, ensure that your files have been correct uploaded: do the file check (see release notes).

On some servers, a database can not be created (question of rights) by the install procedure.
in that case the database must be create manually if needed, so the installer can make use of an existing database.
You can use a little test program to see if the database connect works (edit to set your values in the code).

There is a lack of error reporting, when the database connection fails. It is possible to edit the installation files to emerge more results.

badcase
  • 2009/8/13 16:02

• badcase

• Just popping in

sorry been up all night after dealing with a bunch of issues.

i had made sure to set the permissions correctly, ill try uploading and installing once more and follow any suggestions posted.

ghia
  • 2009/8/13 16:26

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Some servers have also problems with php files outside the web root.
In that case, it is easier to try the install with xoops_data and xoops_lib inside the web root. After the install is completed and verified working, move them outside.

badcase
  • 2009/8/13 16:36

• badcase

• Just popping in

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Some servers have also problems with php files outside the web root.
In that case, it is easier to try the install with xoops_data and xoops_lib inside the web root. After the install is completed and verified working, move them outside.

You read my mind there, ill try installing without moving those and then if i still nave no luck I will add the error reporting code and post the results.

Now i just need to wait for these files to upload again:P

preachur
  • 2009/8/13 17:30

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I had the same problem with the protector file in the "extras" folder. Install white screened when it got to the module installation stage. I actually had to re-code the mainfile.php file afterward. I had to remove the "compatibility" coding and re-do the pre check and post check lines. ONLY then did the site run properly with protector.

badcase
  • 2009/8/13 21:41

• badcase

• Just popping in

ok i have tried with the xoops_data and xoops_lib directories in there default location and the same thing happens.

i have tried installing with and without protector module and the same thing happens.

permissions are set properly for all files and directories.

i have tried modifying the code as in the example shown in ghias link and it does not return a error of anykind which is exactly the issue that the user in ghias link had seehttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&type=&topic_id=66246&forum=1

if you enter the correct information it just reloads page_dbconnection.php with localhost in the server hostname text field, it will return a error that it cant connect if you put in a bad username or password this leads me to believe that it is indeed connecting to the database just something after that point is going wrong.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits