Daethian
Forumulair: Captcha
  • 2008/11/9 0:36

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/3/4 1

With recent updates to XOOPS we are getting far less spam and abuse. The only source now is our forumulair forms. Any chance of getting a captcha or other simple spam deterrent added to this module?
http://www.artfire.com/daethian
My Artfire store- Vintage Jewelry and New Bead Jewelry

ghia
Re: Forumulair: Captcha
  • 2008/11/9 1:09

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If you are talking about Formulaire 3.33 then it is standard incorporated, but you need the security class of DuGris or the captcha class from FrameWorks installed.

Daethian
  • 2008/11/9 21:57

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

I missed a step. I'm having a hard time figuring out the directions. Not sure if it's soley because I'm sick with a cold and on meds. Anyway I am not use the Contact us form wizard, just formulair. The image is not showing up.

I downloaded the security class and uploaded the files.

I did the module too but that seems to just be for the contact us form wizard.

When I use Google to translate and then try to download it blocks me and says I'm leeching.

Resized Image

ghia
Re: Forumulaire: Captcha
  • 2008/11/10 1:28

• ghia

When the image is not showing, it might that you have not the GD2 or other graphical library installed in PHP.

For the leaching, erase all cookies for the site and retry in the native site. It's not that hard to find the download, because you can switch to english withe the top left side icon. The site insists that you use the link via the download module and try not to cut off via a direct link.
http://www.dugris.info/telechargements/viewcat.php?cid=4&lang=english

PS: the download button is disguised as a blue down arrow at the left of the title.

Daethian
  • 2008/11/12 1:13

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

When I click the English button nothing translates.

Where do I install GD2?

Anonymous
  • 2008/11/12 1:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

Philou will release formulaire 3.34 soon .. I hope he add this feature

ghia
Re: Formulaire: Captcha
  • 2008/11/12 1:59

• ghia

Quote:
When I click the English button nothing translates.
The provided link is already in english. Click on the blue down arrow in the title to start the download of the zip with the class to install.
(The site is at its best with FF3!)
Quote:
Where do I install GD2?
It's a graphic library for the PHP enviroment and should be present or installed by your hoster. You can obtain the information about it with this small phpinfo.php program:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Do you have the contact us module? This has also a security code feature. Is this displaying well (for anonymous users only)?
Quote:
Philou will release formulaire 3.34 soon .. I hope he add this feature
Yes, I've got an evaluation copy (I did not tested it yet) and the captcha class from XOOPS 2.31 is implemented (/class/xoopsform/securityimage.php) or it can use the /Frameworks/captcha/formcaptcha.php class (Mind that there is an error in formulaire.php: Frameworks should always start with a capital F!).
In the present version V3.33 the feature is already added, but rerquires the captcha class from Frameworks or the SecurityImage class from DuGris.

Daethian
Re: Formulaire: Captcha
  • 2008/11/12 2:17

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

I've already downloaded and installed that.

No I'm not using the contact us module because it won't let me configure it the way I can with formulair.

Right now none of my forms are functioning because the security image isn't showing. I should have made a back up copy of the files before I overwrote them but I didn't. :(

How do I run the phpinfo.php? just copy that code to a file and save it as phpinfo.php then save it to my server root and run it?

ghia
Re: Forumulaire: Captcha
  • 2008/11/12 2:37

• ghia

Quote:
How do I run the phpinfo.php? just copy that code to a file and save it as phpinfo.php then save it to my server root and run it?
Yes, and when you are done, remove it.
Quote:
No I'm not using the contact us module because it won't let me configure it the way I can with formulair.
I only asked to see if it was functioning, it would indicate that the graphical library was present.

This makes me forget the obvious: Formulaire admin has a link to the server info, which gives the required info about the graphical library.
/modules/formulaire/admin/serv.php

Daethian
  • 2008/11/13 2:41

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

Okay I used the Contact Us Form Wizard and made a contact form but there is no trace of the Captcha on it.

We are making progress now:

Server Status
Information taken from Apache Environment:
Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at crabstreetjournal.com Port 80
# Accepted charset : ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

Information taken from PHP ini File:
# GD Library Support: Enabled (Thumbs Nails Available)
# GD Library Version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

# Safe Mode Status: OFF
# Register Globals: OFF
# Server Uploads Status: ON
# Max Upload Size Permitted: 2M
# Max Post Size Permitted: 8M

Login

Who's Online

268 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 268

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits