• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Resized Image

Anonymous
Re: Do you use Vista?
  • 2007/11/14 14:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

I use Vista Business Edition at home. Seems okay to me.

Why the thumbs-down from you?

hipoonios
  • 2007/11/14 15:08

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

Vista is a joke.

Linux for the win.
I love Xoops!

MadFish
  • 2007/11/14 15:25

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I use XP, Vista Business 32, Vista Ultimate 64, and Ubuntu Linux (gutsy gibbon). In my view:

* Vista is very good (but *don't* try to run it on old hardware and don't buy ultimate because you get nearly nothing for the extra money)

* Ubuntu is very nice and a big step forward in bringing Linux to the common man. However, you *still* need to be a geek to get it working. Sad, but true.

* XP is the most stable of the lost (but also the least interesting). It gives me the least problems, but I hate working with it.

sailjapan

I use XP so that I can play Virtual Skipper. OSX for everything else
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

wizanda
  • 2007/11/14 15:53

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Have any of you watched that video?

debianus
  • 2007/11/14 16:49

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

The video is very funny :)

Quote:
* Ubuntu is very nice and a big step forward in bringing Linux to the common man. However, you *still* need to be a geek to get it working. Sad, but true.

Yes, it is the true.
However windows is preinstalled when you buy a pc or laptop. It is the difference; nothing more.
One day I did this: I installed windows XP on a laptop using the CD and I installed Opensuse in the same laptop.
Only 70% hardware go on XP; 95 % in Opensuse.

vaughan
  • 2007/11/14 17:58

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

vista is just a pretty box with awful inners.

it's supposed to be faster than XP? i'd like to knopw how they came to that conclusion.

i find it very slow, and even copying/moving files from 1 folder/drive to another is a longsome task compared to just click & drag with XP.

and my hardware is more than capable of running the ultimate edition with Aero etc.

i'm not 1 for pretty boxes, i prefer quality & simplicity.

with XP, usually everything you need is either 1 or 2 clicks of the mouse away..

the only advantage i can see of Vista over XP is DirectX 10

i could seriously swear at MS for not making directX 10 for use with XP. at moment i don't require dx10 but there'll come a time nxt year whyen the games may require it.

smart2
  • 2007/11/14 19:44

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

Oh yes it sucks!

OSX is for me the best user friendly OS.

I've bought my first mac 1 year ago and a pc under vista at the same time, there's no comparison (vista = bug bug bug).

Try and you'll become an osx lover.

seth_sd
  • 2007/11/14 20:17

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Gutsy Gibbon and XP here. I have not even seen Vista. If I could only get Dreamweaver for Linux I'd be cool.

Microsoft drives me crazy with this stuff. We still order all of our laptops and desktops with XP. Any of you that run Exchange Webmail will know that it does not work with Vista unless you patch your servers....I friggin' hate that!

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

Login

Who's Online

287 user(s) are online (215 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 287

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits