1
jfmoore
EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments
  • 2007/7/12 15:20

  • jfmoore

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 360

  • Since: 2004/6/6 5


Here are a few observations or questions ordered by how I encountered them (I'm using XOOPS 2.2.5 rc2):

1. Third level categories not visible and therefore not selectable.

2. I don't see a way to choose subscription on listing creation? Seems you have to create the listing, then click "View Listing" and subscribe there.

3. Auto listing approve not working for me.

4. No way to manage listings on Admin page. How delete or suspend a listing?

5. Should have a separate "Manage Categories" button on admin page.

6. Should have option to exclude admin and listing owner hits.

7. When you click on a cat to show its listings:
Rating is visible (needs a space b4 rating)
"Rate this Site" button is visible

When you click on the individual listing:
"Ratings" and "Rate this Site" are not shown

8. Should listings be commentable?

9. When you perform an edit or update, like deleting a category, should take you back to where you were. Very time consuming to have to navigate back.

10. When you create a level 1 cat, would be nice to be able to create several level 2 cats at the same time (like SmartSection).

11. When trying to submit subscription, get error re problem with Paypal email address of seller. (Already reported)

12. After submitting 2 listings to Cat Level 1-->Cat Level 2 with "Cat Level 1" set to not accept listings and "Cat Level 2" set to accept listings, shows following:
Cat Level 1 (2)
Cat Level 2

Seems to me should be:
Cat Level 1
Cat Level 2 (2)

If a category is set to not accept listings, then it should not show number of listings, or should it?

13. On "View Subscriptions" page, subscriptions are alphabetical--Bronze, Gold, Silver. Should be ordered by level--Bronze, Silver, Gold.

14. How would you set up a "free" subscription which would bypass the payment routine?

I'll say it again--great module!

Jere
...

2
wtravel
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments

Excellent feedback, thanks, I'll get back to you on those points this weekend.

3
federico07
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments
  • 2007/7/13 9:44

  • federico07

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 5

  • Since: 2007/6/1 2


1. As I run an international trade website listing worldwide companies, I would like a feature enabling to display the listings by country through a select box (not by category only).

2. Major problem: it seems when a listing is modified it is displayed without requiring any approval by administrator. That does not give administrator the full control of the content published.

Hope you'll find a solution, especially for the second of the matters.
Thanks

4
wtravel
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments

Quote:

federico07 wrote:
1. As I run an international trade website listing worldwide companies, I would like a feature enabling to display the listings by country through a select box (not by category only).

2. Major problem: it seems when a listing is modified it is displayed without requiring any approval by administrator. That does not give administrator the full control of the content published.

Hope you'll find a solution, especially for the second of the matters.
Thanks


1. Sounds like a nice feature for future versions, I would like to add this feature soon after version 1 is running well.

2. Good point. I think it would be a good idea to add a check. For a quick solution there I think the following option would be good:
"If a listing has the status 'approved', editing by the listing owner is only allowed if auto-approve is enabled in the admin settings."

5
wtravel
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments

Quote:

jfmoore wrote:
2. I don't see a way to choose subscription on listing creation? Seems you have to create the listing, then click "View Listing" and subscribe there.

4. No way to manage listings on Admin page. How delete or suspend a listing?


I will add these items to the feature request list.


5. Should have a separate "Manage Categories" button on admin page.

Quote:

6. Should have option to exclude admin and listing owner hits.

As an optional setting this can be added. The only downside is that XOOPS can only recognize the user when logged in. But it saves a few undesirable view counts.

Quote:

8. Should listings be commentable?

Yes, in a later version they will be (optionally) commentable

Quote:

9. When you perform an edit or update, like deleting a category, should take you back to where you were. Very time consuming to have to navigate back.

I will adjust this so that the redirect leads you back to the edit category page.

Quote:

10. When you create a level 1 cat, would be nice to be able to create several level 2 cats at the same time (like SmartSection).

Will need to do some research to see if this is really handy. I can imagine that when you create a main category you first add the datafields, so that you can easily copy them when you create subcategories.

What do you suggest the workflow should be like?
Quote:

11. When trying to submit subscription, get error re problem with Paypal email address of seller. (Already reported)

I believe your e-mail address should be registered with Paypal in order to use this feature. I remember I had to register my e-mail address with the sandbox in order to use the Paypal test environment.

The url that should lead you back to the page is not correct for sure, I will correct that.

Quote:

12. After submitting 2 listings to Cat Level 1-->Cat Level 2 with "Cat Level 1" set to not accept listings and "Cat Level 2" set to accept listings, shows following:
Cat Level 1 (2)
Cat Level 2

Seems to me should be:
Cat Level 1
Cat Level 2 (2)

If a category is set to not accept listings, then it should not show number of listings, or should it?

I think you are talking about the browse categories functionality. It was intended to always show the number of items in the main categories (including the subcategories).

Perhaps an option should be added to show only the number of listings in a category itself, excluding the number of listings in subcategories.

Quote:

13. On "View Subscriptions" page, subscriptions are alphabetical--Bronze, Gold, Silver. Should be ordered by level--Bronze, Silver, Gold.

I will add an alphabetical sort on this.

Quote:

14. How would you set up a "free" subscription which would bypass the payment routine?

Nice feature request

6
jfmoore
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments
  • 2007/7/13 21:44

  • jfmoore

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 360

  • Since: 2004/6/6 5


Quote:

Quote:

9. When you perform an edit or update, like deleting a category, should take you back to where you were. Very time consuming to have to navigate back.


I will adjust this so that the redirect leads you back to the edit category page.


Same suggestion for when you approve (or deny) a listing. Should redirect to the listing validation page if there are more listings to approve.

Jere
...

7
jfmoore
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments
  • 2007/7/13 21:57

  • jfmoore

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 360

  • Since: 2004/6/6 5


Quote:

Quote:

10. When you create a level 1 cat, would be nice to be able to create several level 2 cats at the same time (like SmartSection).


Will need to do some research to see if this is really handy. I can imagine that when you create a main category you first add the datafields, so that you can easily copy them when you create subcategories.

What do you suggest the workflow should be like?


This may not, in fact, prove practical. If I had to choose between creating subcats simultaneous to the parent cat or having parent fields automatically copy to subcat, then I would choose the latter.

How about a compromise? You create the parent category and then the fields for that cat. Then you go to a page where you can create several subcats at the same time, all of which inherit fields from the parent cat. Might that work? Seems like it would save a significant amount of time.

I would have to give some thought to the workflow thing. Don't know enough yet to have a valid opinion.

Jere
...

8
jfmoore
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments
  • 2007/7/13 22:52

  • jfmoore

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 360

  • Since: 2004/6/6 5


Playing around with EFQ a little more...

Once you have entered a bunch of fields is there a way to re-order them without pretty much starting over?

If the answer is "no", then I would suggest that a field "Weight" setting is a necessity. I can see myself creating a directory with categories and fields and then needing to re-order the fields maybe even after having entered many listings. Not having a way to do that would lead to much frustration and major vocabulary exercising.

If that is what the "Sequence" setting in the "Edit Data Field Types" section is for, then I am not able to get it to work.

Jere
...

9
wtravel
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments

Quote:

jfmoore wrote:
Once you have entered a bunch of fields is there a way to re-order them without pretty much starting over?
If that is what the "Sequence" setting in the "Edit Data Field Types" section is for, then I am not able to get it to work.


The sequence is indeed meant for ordering data field types in the listing. This order can be set for each category. I will add adjust the query so that the sequence is actually used .

10
wtravel
Re: EFQDirectory 1.0 RC2 Questions/Comments

Quote:

jfmoore wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

9. When you perform an edit or update, like deleting a category, should take you back to where you were. Very time consuming to have to navigate back.


I will adjust this so that the redirect leads you back to the edit category page.


Same suggestion for when you approve (or deny) a listing. Should redirect to the listing validation page if there are more listings to approve.

Jere

This is already in place. After you approve a listing you are redirected to the new listings admin page.

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)


Members: 0


Guests: 91


more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits