lunat1k
New User Can Not Register
  • 2005/12/13 8:33

• lunat1k

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/2 1

New users can not register on site, they get through the entire process until they hit submit , then they get an error of:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/profile/register.php could not be found on this server.

http://clanzunited.com

Has been working, then stopped.
everything else works fine.

Linux
All updates installed

?????????

Any Ideas?

JMorris
Re: New User Can Not Register
  • 2005/12/13 12:20

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

OK, that's a new one... :-S :puzzled:

Are you getting any php debug output? Try turning on php debug, then open your site in a different browser and try to register. Copy any Warnings or Errors and paste them here in [code] tags please.

Thanks,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

lunat1k
  • 2005/12/13 20:52

• lunat1k

• Just popping in

Yes I think There may be a problem.....

Now i am not familiar with XOOPS, but I have a tech that is and he posted already about this here:Here is his posti was unaware he had already posted.

I turned on PHP Debug and these errors came up:

Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/home/clanzite/public_html/modules/donations/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/home/clanzite/public_html/modules/donations/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/home/clanzite/public_html/modules/donations/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file include/functions.php line 153
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/home/clanzite/public_html/modules/donations/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file include/functions.php line 153
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant visitname - assumed 'visitname' in file modules/xmonitor/index.php line 37
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant temps - assumed 'temps' in file modules/xmonitor/index.php line 38
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant tempsf - assumed 'tempsf' in file modules/xmonitor/index.php line 39

Ok so where do we start?

roujinz
  • 2005/12/14 18:53

• roujinz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

Just an FYI i do recall doing some configuring to the XOOPS Protector 2.52 module which suggested some changes to make the site more secure, but I have since deactivated it to try and see if I could register a new user, unfortunately it the same thing still happens.

Also when turning on PHPDebug and trying to register a new user I do not see any PHP error messages on the page that has the error. We still continue to get the following message everytime we hit Finish:
Quote:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/profile/register.php could not be found on this server.

Any help in getting this quickly resolved would be greatly appreciated!

lunat1k
  • 2005/12/15 17:09

• lunat1k

• Just popping in

Well i guess this is not very important, so we will port over to PHPNUKE

Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 58
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: query in file modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 64
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: fragment in file modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: rowRecordset2 in file modules/donations/blocks/Donat_o_Meter.php line 120

lunat1k
  • 2005/12/16 19:45

• lunat1k

• Just popping in

Ha HA

Were not the only ones with this problem.

Our Host has even tried to fix this and no there were NO Updates at all!

So much for that theory.

It seems when we updated to the 2.2.3 patch for XOOPS is when all the problems started and just went downhill fom there, so i am thinking, maybe there is a memory leak and or a cache problem , even though we do not have that on or even a secruity hole somewhere?

So XOOPS Dudes you best get workin on this problem and fast!!!!!!!

Bender
  • 2005/12/16 21:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Well what i would do to further check into this problem:

Any chance you can download your site to your local pc and then run it using xsas or xampp?

If you can do so:

- does it work locally?

- doesn´t work? disable one module after another and try again. Working after some specific module is disabled?

- still not working after disabling all additional modules? Overwrite all XOOPS files with the actual ones from the official download package of the XOOPS version you are using except for mainfile.php of course

I know it will take some time .. but until you get a better answer you could try if you want.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Bender
  • 2005/12/16 21:41

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Since more user are affected:

Could everyone affected please list their config:

- Apache / IIs version?
- PHP version
- mysql

and maybe more important

- list of your installed modules?
- list of applied hacks?

Maybe we can get somewhere when we find something thats identical on all affected sites.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Will_H
  • 2005/12/16 22:51

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Seems like you should just disable those modules. Obviously there is something conflicting here, and thats why you gotta use a test site. Although you did say it was working and then just stopped, that seems unlikely. There had to be something that you installed or changed that caused it to go down. The same processes produce the same outcome afterall.

We all understand how frustrating it is to have your site down for any reason. However, its never cool to make benign threats about switching cms's... in the long run its your call... just realize that its really not going to solve your problem any faster... infact it may slow down the process.

lunat1k
  • 2005/12/17 5:32

• lunat1k

• Just popping in

ok i deactivated the modules, now i can't get into the user or admin areas.

This totaly sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have re-installed everything but the mainfile.php

i have deleted all the blocks that were in the error ,after turning phpdebug on, now there are no php errors.

i am still getting the 406 error.

it is a basic setup with no forums, what now?

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits