wildo
Where do users change their password?
  • 2005/8/22 23:14

• wildo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/1 1

How can users (Xoops 2.2.2) change their password if they want to? I can't find this option anywhere...

Users can't enter a new password while editing their profile, or do I miss something? Here on my XOOPS I can change my password while editing my Profile. I would like this on my site too. Can I enable this option, or isn't this posible in 2.2.2 anymore?
Please help

Lance_
Re: Where do users change their password?
  • 2005/8/22 23:54

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I've gone through it, can't find a section to set password to be modified.

I am able as admin to change the password of a user, but I can't change the password on my own admin account.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Lance_
  • 2005/8/23 0:04

• Lance_

• Home away from home

While answering another post found this little tidbit:

/modules/profile/changepass.php

Goes to a change password page. Might want to try that.

wildo
  • 2005/8/23 0:29

• wildo

• Just popping in

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
I am able as admin to change the password of a user, but I can't change the password on my own admin account.

Thanks for your reply, but where do you change the password of your users? I even can't find this in the admin section!

Hope one of the developers reads this. Would be very logic to let users change their password form their profile, as we can here on the XOOPS site.
I think the new usermanagement is a bit confusing...

Lance_
  • 2005/8/23 0:34

• Lance_

• Home away from home

The way I got it, was in admin USers-->find user, then I click on the users name, edit profile and I have the change password fiels available.

wildo
  • 2005/8/24 14:53

• wildo

• Just popping in

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
The way I got it, was in admin USers-->find user, then I click on the users name, edit profile and I have the change password fiels available.

That's exactly what I want, except in my case: There are no passwordfields! I can only change passwords using the link you gave me: changepass.php

Why do you see the passwordfields and I don't?
What XOOPS version do you use?

barryc
  • 2005/8/25 15:21

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I see exactly the same problem. Password fields are not visible. I have two XOOPS 2.2 installations and neither of them show the password field. This is a real problem. What is the solution, core developers?

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Mithrandir

Lance_ wrote:
While answering another post found this little tidbit:

/modules/profile/changepass.php

Goes to a change password page. Might want to try that.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

barryc
  • 2005/8/25 15:32

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Mith,

[edit] That link is accessibe to a user via the submenu, change password, appearing under Ext. Profiles in the Main Menu. However, as admin I often have the need the change the password of users. No matter how easy one makes it, there are always people who claim that the Forgot Password link did not work for them. Then I have to reset their password and tell them how to access the site.

Why not have that field appear for admins in the user's profile, such that the password can be reset.

[edit again]

OK, I'll answer my own question. I had been looking at my own admin account via Admin/Modules/Ext Profiles/Users, where MY password doesn't appear. However, when I look at other users their password field does appear. So, for myself I have to use the Ext. Profiles/Change password link in the Main Menu, but for other users I can use the admin link, as above.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of not having the password field appear in the admin's profile when accessing it via the admin menu, but at least I understand how this works now.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

wildo
  • 2005/8/25 19:34

• wildo

• Just popping in

Why making passwordchange so complicated? Just add an option somewhere in the Adminsection that users may change their own password. (Like users can change their e-mailaddress). If true then passwordfields show up in profile, if false they don't show up (except for admins ofcourse).
Don't make things more complicated then neccessary

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits