jmass
Going forward with Theme Contest
  • 2004/12/8 20:50

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I have decided to go forward with a Theme Contest.

I am looking for input as to time span, cash prize amount (please be kind ), theme types, judging, etc.

I would like to start this first of the year.

Your input is welcome!

coopersita
Re: Going forward with Theme Contest

Would you be giving a starting template, or a list of items the template should contain?

How about 3 months for people to design their themes, and 1 more for judging? Too much?

jmass
  • 2004/12/8 21:11

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

I had not really thought of a starting template. I say let them run wild. I think a three month period to build is good. We can post news items reminding people of the contest, and show off in progress work if the authors want to give a sneak peak...

JasonMR
  • 2004/12/8 22:23

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I think the first contest should not be too restrictive!

3 months for one theme? seems a little long...submitters should be allowed to send in previously created themes, that they haven't offered for download (yet!!!).

My suggestions:
Time
- 2 week sign-up period (all that want to participate should sign up for elegibility to be rated)
- 4 week to work on theme
- 2 weeks community polling period
- final announcement by team of judges, that have their rating scala, which takes community poll into consideration

Rewards
- I personaly would do without a prize, but understand that it will help to draw more people in
- though, maybe you can organize sponsors to offer hosting (they will have well presented adds, on all Theme Contest related pages)

Sneak Preview
- as a designer interested in participating, I can tell you, I wouldn't appreciate pre-release screenshots

anything else...see my post in the last thread...(that's another reason I don't like this new thread, now all ideas are split into two threads.... )

jmass
  • 2004/12/9 2:23

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

As long as you guys don't take too long to get the contest going, we can close this thread down.

If you guys don't get it started... I know how to create a new thread.

Seriously, it is always more fun to work together on stuff like this.

JasonMR
  • 2004/12/9 2:47

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I would like you take on the organisation of the contest as a sub project (if you're eager enough and motivated to do more than just posting threads )...are you following the other thread? Have you recieved my PM? Please contact me!

jmass
  • 2004/12/9 2:59

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

I am following.
I am interested.
I also have a job, a wife, two kids, season Piston tickets, and like to go to the gym.

JMorris
  • 2004/12/9 3:12

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
I think the first contest should not be too restrictive!

3 months for one theme? seems a little long...submitters should be allowed to send in previously created themes, that they haven't offered for download (yet!!!).

My suggestions:
Time
- 2 week sign-up period (all that want to participate should sign up for elegibility to be rated)
- 4 week to work on theme
- 2 weeks community polling period
- final announcement by team of judges, that have their rating scala, which takes community poll into consideration

Rewards
- I personaly would do without a prize, but understand that it will help to draw more people in
- though, maybe you can organize sponsors to offer hosting (they will have well presented adds, on all Theme Contest related pages)

Sneak Preview
- as a designer interested in participating, I can tell you, I wouldn't appreciate pre-release screenshots

anything else...see my post in the last thread...(that's another reason I don't like this new thread, now all ideas are split into two threads.... )

I don't know, 3 months total time doesn't seem too long for people like me who have a ton on their plate, but I suppose if you want to compete bad enough, you'll make the time.

Login

Who's Online

905 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 905

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits