VI_Knight
Installation - Blank Page after confirm database settings screen
  • 2003/10/4 17:32

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/16

I am running for the first time on a linux platform (newbe to linux)

RedHat Linux 8
Apache 2.0.40
Mysql 4.0.15-0
php 4.2.2-8.0.8
xoops 2.0.4

Dutring installation I get to the confirm database settings without any trouble whatsoever. When I click next I get a blank page. I have gone throgh a few posts and have tried the suggestions like activatiing the php errors (don't get any), installing all php modules including Dynamic client libraries. Did all the chmod settings on the files spent hours checking, resetting, changing and tweaking the MySQL permissions and i am stillhaving the same problem. I have even re-installed the server at least 3 times. I have no idea what is still th problem.

CBlue
Re: Installation - Blank Page after confirm database settings screen

Check your mainfile.php and make sure you have the correct username, password and database name in it.

Also, did you use your MySQL admin in your control panel and create a database for your xoops?

VI_Knight
  • 2003/10/4 17:54

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

This problem is occuring during the installation process so those settings should be done automatically by XOOPS from the pages before. But to answer your question, i have tried both setting up the database manually and letting XOOPS installation do it automatically both with the same result.

CBlue

You do have to set up a database manually in MySQL and assign a user. Then you use that database name, the username and the password in order to set up the XOOPS when you go through the XOOPS installation. You have to make sure you put the right database name, username, and password in the XOOPS installation database setup for it to work.

VI_Knight
  • 2003/10/4 18:07

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

I have tried all that already. I have been working on this for about a week now and i have tried every possible combination that I could think of both manual and automatic.

CBlue

Which screen of your installation is the last screen you see before it goes blank? Is it the screen that says confirm database settings? Or is it the screen that says check database? Or is it the screen that says saving configuration data?

Or if you never get that far, is it the page that says confirm the following submitted data and that page lists your all your database info?

VI_Knight
  • 2003/10/4 18:24

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

confirm database settings screen is the last thing I see. When I click next from this screen i see nothing after that. It does not go to the check database screen.

I do have XOOPS running on a windows server and it works fine. I am trying to switch over to the linux machine and doing everything from scratch. I am familiar with the install process but this is my first time in the linux environment.

CBlue

Did you put down localhost for database name, with the correct database username, database name and database user password that you get from looking in your control panel for MySQL for the database you created there for xoops?

Because the only thing I can see that could be the problem with your installation because of what you say is the last screen you're on before getting a blank page, is that you don't have the right info typed in for the database name, or the database username or the password.

Something is wrong in that. Or you didn't create the database in MySQL on your server first. Everything that you typed in before this last page is just storing the information you typed in but when you click on next in confirm database settings you get the error. That means your database settings are wrong or you didn't create the MySQL database to put XOOPS in before trying to install xoops.

VI_Knight
  • 2003/10/5 14:49

• VI_Knight

• Just popping in

Yes, all the user information is set up and permissions are correct. I can connect to the database with the username and password through the MySQL console on the server with no problem and I can browse the database I created for xoops. I even dumped the database from my working Windows installation and imported it into the new database I created on the Linux box and i can see all the data from the MySQL console but I am still not able to get the installation to get past that point.

I can also connect to the database using MySql Front and MySQL Control Center so I know that the permissions are set up correctly.

CBlue

I don't understand your problem then because I have installed different versions of XOOPS alot and I can always get it up and running. But I use a linux webhost and I've never dealt with the Windows servers so I don't know what the difference between the two are for installing xoops.

The linux server I have with my webhost installs XOOPS easily with no problems, the only problem I've ever had with installing XOOPS was because I didn't have the correct username and password set up once.

Hopefully someone else on this board can help you solve your problem.

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits