yellowchimp
links to pdf files?

Can anyone tell me if any one content module is easier or better suited to creating web pages that can have links within them to pdf files?

Many thanks

yellowchimp

philou
Re: links to pdf files?
  • 2004/8/2 9:09

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

I know that some libraries are avaible on the web to produce pdf "on the air" but it's not realy easy in XOOPS.

yellowchimp

i already have the pdf documents. I just need to be able to add a link to them within the webpage. Is this possible at all?

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/2 9:39

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Have you considered the 'WF-Sections' module available at www.wf-projects.com (formerlyhttp://wfsections.xoops2.com)? I think that allows direct linking to any file type using hyperlinks regardless of what the file type is. Don't quote me on that though - I could well be wrong and don't yet use it myself (although I intend to when they release version 3).

philou
  • 2004/8/2 10:19

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

yes... you can also try to use WF-downloads. with text and links.

perhol
  • 2004/8/2 11:06

• perhol

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/11

I like the new news 1.2 module where you can upload files to each news story. All files uploaded with the story are presented below the story itself.

yellowchimp

thanks for your suggestios. But I don't think any of them are suitable .
I just have simple webpages that list things like publications - and I need to be able to say click here for a list of recent publications type thing. Which would then link to a pdf file.

Is there not a content module that includes a wysiwyg editor and (optional html tool) that will allow web pages to be created that can have these simple links in them. I know how to put links in myself - could i code them in myself and have it work that way?

Many Thanks
Yellowchimp

hervet
  • 2004/8/2 16:47

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

Everybody told you that for example wfsection is very good to do it, what's the problem with this ?

Bye,
Hervé

jmass
  • 2004/8/2 17:09

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Quote:

yellowchimp wrote:
thanks for your suggestios. But I don't think any of them are suitable .
I just have simple webpages that list things like publications - and I need to be able to say click here for a list of recent publications type thing. Which would then link to a pdf file.

Is there not a content module that includes a wysiwyg editor and (optional html tool) that will allow web pages to be created that can have these simple links in them. I know how to put links in myself - could i code them in myself and have it work that way?

Many Thanks
Yellowchimp

You just described wf-sections, tiny content, tinyD, xf-sections, etc.

They all do just what you want.

wf-sections is the most complete, TinyD is my favorite.

JMass

yellowchimp

thanks

I will try a few of them out today

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits