yellowchimp
I'm so stuck

I am afraid I have completely lost the plot with xoops. I have been trying to get a site up for a week and I have just made myself more and more confused.

I just want to be able to have a simple site with a menubar to the left that links to pages that will appear to the right.

I have placed all my pages into icontent. If I tell blocks to display the mainmenu I get a list on the left of the page staring icontent and then running through each page in alphabetical order (I don't want icontent to be in the list and I don't want the rest of the pages in alphabetical order - but I can't figure out how to change this).

And the pages that are displayed in icontent have code inserted at the top and bottom saying
back print thispage and modify this page - and I just can't seem to figure out how to get rid of this.

And no matter what css files I change in the theme folder - nothing seems to change.

I know I am misunderstandings things in major ways for me to mess up so much.

Does anybody see what my problems are or can see how I am misunderstanding Xoops?

rabideau
Re: I'm so stuck
  • 2004/7/30 14:16

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Did you try reading any of the helpfiles?

On the left of this page there is volumes of information available in the links under XOOPS documentation.

All your problems seem to have relevant links contained in the docs area.

In any event once you check those out, you should be able to move to a new set of problems....

yellowchimp

i'm afraid i think I have read everythinga nd everything has confused me.

I am afraid I just don't understand it.

I will ask some stupid questions now:

Do I have to have the main menu block visible if I want to use more than one module on my site?

How on earth do you change a css that affects the template - I have not been able to figure this out for a week?

I hope this all makes sense on monday

jmass
  • 2004/7/30 15:06

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Don't be faraid of Xoops.

Don't be afraid to RTFM either.

That being said...

Each theme has associated css files . Edit these files to tweak a themes. They are located in the xoops_root/themes/theme_name/ folder.

As for the main menu. The main menu only displays modules as top level entries. You need a content module to create pages. Getting pages to show up in the main menu is a whole different thread. If you need this search the forum. It has been discussed to death.

JMass

Login

Who's Online

421 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 421

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits