MagMag
Blank Mantis page
  • 2004/4/22 18:07

• MagMag

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/15

Xoops 2.0.6
I installed the mantis module and everything installed OK, but now when I try and access the module, all I get is a blank page.

I had done this on another server and it worked fine, the only difference between this server and the other one is that on the other server, the XOOPS database was local (localhost) and on this server it is a remote MySQL database.

Things I've tried:
I tried searching for any references to localhost in the mantis module and changed them to the server name, but it didn't make any difference.

chmod -R 777 modules/mantis - no difference

Any ideas as to how I can debug or solve this

Thanks
Martin

tayling
Re: Blank Mantis page
  • 2004/7/29 9:23

• tayling

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 7

Hi Martin
did you find a solution? I have just installed and have the same problem.

Look forward to hearing

Regards

Tony Ayling

ChadK
  • 2004/7/29 12:00

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

Hey guys, I don't use Mantis but I have seen this happen with other modules and it usually turns out to be a folder permission error with the module. Look in the folder modules\mantis (or whatever) and see if you have folders that should have permissions set using chmod 777 or 666 such as cache or config files.
If you have to, chmod the whole modules\mantis directory and see if it works. Then chmod directories back one at a time back to 744 until the module stops working again. Then you know which dir needs write access. Make sure that one is chmod 777 then continue changing them back to 744 (except the one you just identified) until it breaks again.. rinse, repeat.
I've had to do this with several modules that don't un-tar with the right permissions. Though MOST modules do, some like to untar with 444 or *gasp* 777 on everything.

MagMag
  • 2004/10/19 15:30

• MagMag

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/15

Sorry for the late response - I eventually solved this by using the latest Mantis module 0.18.3 and that was it.

Martin

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits