brucewhealto
Problems with a newsfeed that is based on pics.

Hi all,
I subscribed to a newsfeed, which is actually based on news related photographs. In viewing it, the pictures do not appear. I think the problem might be that the space available for the listing is too small. When I originally viewed the newsfeed that I wanted to add, it was wider and the pictures were wider than one column out of the 5 available on the site pages. Can this be accomodated? Can a module span more than one column or have a specified width? If so how is that done?

Secondly, with the Headlines that I am adding either from the plug-in called My Headlines or from the Headlines Module, how might one use 'Sections' as that is a bit unclear. While I was adding subscriptions I made a few mistakes because I was just figuring things out, but at one point I ended up creating a section. Forgive my ignorance but how and when would one use a "section?"
In some ways this reminds me of using QuarkXpress in that all content exists within a text or graphic box in QuarkXpress. However, it seems that in XOOPS modules appear differently. With a block one can specify it's placement, left column, right, or one of the three middle columns. This control does not seem to have a parallel for modules where one could specify the block where the contents appear, based on one of 5 columns. Or am I overlooking something?
Bruce

Login

Who's Online

494 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 494

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits