martyboy
Freecontent:html wrapping problems
  • 2004/6/20 16:37

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, I am having some major wrapping problems using freecontent.

I had made a HTML page using dreamweaver wich included a text laid out and in tables and some images, the text consisted of a bulleted list with indents etc.

I uploaded the page to the content directory and added it as a new connection, however when i viewed it the html page i had done overlapped the XOOPS page and it looked very very messy, the text was overlapping the menu and it wasnt good at all.

I made a basic html page using jsut plain text content and tried this and this wrapped fine, but i wanted to be able to make the pages look better with tables and stuff and graphics.

This also happened with cjay content the html page overlapped the XOOPS page, curently I am using cjaycontent with the wysiwyg editor to make pages but i would rather use dreamweaver as it has mnore options, etc.

I have the free content config.php file set to 'wrap', the content directory is default and has not been changed. I cant think what I am doing wrong palin pages wrap fine where as more complex ones dont, is freecontent not cappable of wrapping more complex html pages with lots of content?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

chapi
Re: Freecontent:html wrapping problems
  • 2004/6/20 16:50

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Did you use layers in your layout? Because if they were set absolut, than the problem you describe happens.

martyboy
  • 2004/6/20 17:35

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Hi, yea i did use layers, i drew a layer in dreamweaver then put the table inside the layer, so that what was causing the problem.

Thanks, Im not too sure what absolute layer means but i will try figure something out,

thanks very much

martyboy
  • 2004/6/20 17:55

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Wooo Hooo, I did it, LOL.

Thanks Chapi for telling me about the absolute thing, I drew a layer in dreamweaver then changed the tag to layer or ilayer and in the code it doesnt show position:absolute

I made a test page doing it this way and it wraps perfectly now,

Thankyou very much Chapi

Login

Who's Online

347 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 347

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits