cbhelms
Headlines: Can't get any headlines to display in block
  • 2004/6/17 13:18

• cbhelms

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/6 2

I just recently installed XOOPS and the Headlines module. I have a couple of feeds in the module, however, I can't see them in the block on the top page. If I navigate to Headlines from the Main menu then I can see the headlines. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Bryant

ackbarr
Re: Headlines: Can't get any headlines to display in block

go to the headlines administration and check that the feeds you have entered are have "Display in Block" set to true.

cbhelms
  • 2004/6/17 19:40

• cbhelms

• Just popping in

If true being that the that option is checked then that is how it is currently configured.

cbhelms
  • 2004/6/18 12:38

• cbhelms

• Just popping in

So no one else has any suggestions to help me out? I really want this module to work.

Bender
  • 2004/6/18 13:07

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I guess it will work for the xoops.org news but not the others?

I just tried withhttp://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise.rdf as a feed and it didnĀ“t work. Still if i activate xoops.org headlines it will show in the block.

huh ...

[edit: just tried another sourcehttp://www.golem.de/backends/golemrdf_10.rdf and there it is working. So my first tested link might not be ok ...]

tl
  • 2004/6/18 13:42

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Tried to turn the debug on? What errors are you getting?

Bender
  • 2004/6/18 17:20

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

No error messages for me.

cbhelms
  • 2004/6/18 17:32

• cbhelms

• Just popping in

I get no errors. Just empty space.

Speed
  • 2004/6/18 18:44

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I've been messing with the Headlines module lately too and have been experiencing similiar issues. One thing I noticed is that some feeds take about 24 hours to activate. The BBC ones I added were like that. And if they require a different encoding from the default, it can be frustrating having to change it and wait again. For sites that don't display immediately I think I'll just do three subscribes -- one in each encoding format -- and then delete the ones that don't show up.

I've also tried the XOOPS port of myHeadlines but it is throwing errors and not allowing me to administer it to set it up. I really like the multiple display options with easy to configure feeds from a huge compiled list. Alas, no one replied to my queries on whether the module was broken for them or if it's me and my choice of themes. More research....

Best of luck. I'd like to see RSS feeds become more manageable in XOOPS in the future. The ability to have them feed in and an admin be able to click a box to display on the news page would be nifty. Another display format I'd like is the ability to show multiple feed info in date/time order rather than grouped by feed.

cbhelms
  • 2004/6/18 21:00

• cbhelms

• Just popping in

I tried the myHeadlines module and I could not administer it. Could not follow through with the install that tells you to import a file. I can get the Feeds to display once you choose to go to Headlines from the menu, so I know the feeds are good and that XOOPS is recieving the feeds. But still don't know why they won't show up in the block on the top page. I agree with you Speed, I as well would like to see better RSS support in future versions of xoops.

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits