Beast
My Xoops site has gone blank?!?!
  • 2004/6/10 9:44

• Beast

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/7 2

I run a site based on XOOPS athttp://squadwars.org and for the last two days it hasn't been working at all. That is to say the XOOPS component isn't working, the main page is completely white.

I can still access all areas of the site, I can display a test index.html for instance, but my previously working XOOPS (2.0.6) site is dead.

I haven't changed a thing for this to happen, I am completely stumped. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Jesse.

Mithrandir
Re: My Xoops site has gone blank?!?!

If you have not touched anything, maybe it is the database, which has changed - location, username and/or password
Or your host has changed the physical location of your site on the server.

Try enabling php debug via a database tool such as phpMyadmin or by editing include/common.php so you will get an error message to give more indication on the problem.

tl
  • 2004/6/10 11:49

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Your other parts of the site are working. It could well be your news table has been corrupted. Try to use phpMyAdmin to repair the news table.

As Mithrandir has already suggested, turn your php or mysql/block debug on. Hopefully it will tell you what is wrong.

Beast
  • 2004/6/10 23:49

• Beast

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/7 2

Thanks for the advice guys, though it turned out to be a counter block I had installed!

Not sure why it stopped my whole page from working, but simply making the block non visible cured the problem. Very odd!

For info the counter is this one:

Counter

Version

Description
_MI_COUNT_DESC

Author
bbchen

Credits
Origin version by ÂÃÐÐ,kIngAge,OPO2000.COM,phpiscool.yeah.net.
Modified as XOOPS module by bbchen,www.bbchen.org.
Many thanks to Jan Koetze (http://www.koetze.net) for his help solving a big problem

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits