• Since: 2002/6/23

I second that.

Herko
Re: dev xoops.org forum - open to all?
  • 2004/6/3 13:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Actually, no. This has been carefully considered and put in place like this. The reasons being that the developers requested a place where they could work undisturbed and focussed. This is good for the dev process, which in turn is good for the system and you all.

I agree tho, that more information needs to be made public. I try and get the devs to use the forge project forums as much as possible when they are discussing their module's developments, but knowing devs, this takes a while

As for core development, there everything already is public: just go tohttp://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops and view the forums, CVS and everything in it's full glory. Since this is but a small dev team that is working on the core, their need for a focussed and closed place is smaller, but still there.

I'd like to point out that the sf.net forums is NOT the rihgt place for feature requests and support or idle chat. Bugs, features, hachs or patches to the core need to be submitted to the sf.net XOOPS project trackers (see the development resouerces links to the left here), and not the forums. Please let the devs focus their attention as much as possible

Herko

tl
  • 2004/6/3 13:33

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

I thought by peeking a bit, we might put some heat on those dev guys. Well I tried.

I agree they should be focused and concentrated. Thanks for clarifying it.

mikeh
  • 2004/6/3 13:34

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

Thanks for quick answer
Can understand ins and outs, and take it that the option of "read only" has also been considered
Just a bit frustrating when see a interesting subject heading
thanks again

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits