bsimm
Photo Gallery Questions
  • 2004/6/1 0:42

• bsimm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/13

I've been using XOOPS for a while, but I've got some basic photo gallery questions after installing XOOPS Gallery.

First, I was trying to find some info on this site about how to limit the upload size of photos using XoopsGallery 1.3.3. I found some info on settings in PHP.INI which I can't change, and in the downloads module, which I'm not using. However I haven't found anything on limiting the upload file size specifically in XoopsGallery. Any help here would be appreciated.

Also, I found lots of posts about XCGallery. Is this better than XoopsGallery? Are there other galleries that work with Xoops?

I want to have a gallery on my site for the general registered user population. However, I don't want them killing my bandwidth allotment on my hosting account, so I've got to limit it.

Bob

domineaux
Re: Photo Gallery Questions

XoopsGallery is "the Gallery Script" ported to Xoops. It is an easy install and works well.

The XCGallery is Coppermine and it is equally as good.

I prefer the XoopsGallery, because I like the way it flows better than Coppermine. Also, I'm not into ECards for users as that is just another problem area for bandwidth.

You can restrict account size for users in either I believe.

You can use movies and the slide show has more features for control in XoopsGallery.

The mod dev who ported the Gallery to XOOPS really did us a great favor.

--------------

bsimm
  • 2004/6/1 13:58

• bsimm

• Just popping in

Any idea how to limit upload size in XoopsGallery? I'm not having any luck figuring it out, and the only posts I've found on it mention changes to PHP.INI, which I can't change on my hosting account.

domineaux
  • 2004/6/1 15:38

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

XoopsGallery

Go to your Album

[Properties] then [auto resize]

Set size here

Or you can also resize already uploaded images

[properties] then [resize all]

bsimm
  • 2004/6/1 23:47

• bsimm

• Just popping in

That would resize it after it has already been uploaded though, right? I also see that there is an option to allow people to view the full size file, which looks like the original would remain on the server, even after it's been resized??

What I want to do is to limit the actual upload. There are too many people out there with 5 and 6 megapixel cameras that don't understand that the unmodified image is 2 megs or more in size. A few of these people start uploading to my site, and that will be a nice chunk out of my site's bandwidth.

brklyn8900
  • 2004/6/1 23:58

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/28

I dont know if this will help but I just installed myAlbun 1.10. It seems to work well and I think you can set the size in general config.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits