joehyc
Re: Scrolling Headlines
  • 2004/5/2 8:23

• joehyc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/10

Hi~ all xoopser experts,

After my investigation, I found that this "hack" must use in suitable template. I tried that this wouldn't work in Zaja-X template. But it works in my default template.

I got another idea on this modification, do anyone know how to use colours for different headline categorys. For example, use red for XOOPS news, use blue for Freshmeat news, etc.

carnuke
  • 2004/5/2 9:03

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

IMHO the only good thing about marquee is its short fast code. Beyond that it's poor stuff. Very jerky and subject to browser character. I found a really nice ticker code that is GPL (they also use it on AOL home page) The really nice thing is it also runs by CSS as well as Js. Have a look HERE at Devedge I have not yet implemented this as a CSS yet, but it looks like the muts nuts to me. Really smooth scrolling and customisable.

Richard

flyfisher88

This might be a stupid question, but I am newbie, I am trying to change the template, but when I edit the template, it just has the button for "VIEW". but how do I update the file with the new changes. I tried the changed and the view shows it to be scrolling but cant figure out how to update the template.

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits