tray5753
Search Spiders
  • 2004/5/23 10:02

• tray5753

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/7 7

Hi,
Once in my admin menu i saw something like an option for treating search engine spiders/robots as anonymous users or webmasters or registered users. Now the problem is that i don't seem to be able to find it anymore, but i am sure i saw it somewhere, can anyone tell me where exactly is it? That will be very helpful

brash
Re: Search Spiders
  • 2004/5/23 10:07

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi tray5753,

In your admin section goto system admin -> Preferences -> Meta tags & Footer, and the robots config should be a bout the third item down.

tray5753
  • 2004/5/23 15:06

• tray5753

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/7 7

The item there is :
"
Meta Robots
The Robots Tag declares to search engines what content to index and spider "

But what i want is that the configuration regarding treating robots as registered users or anonymous users, i can't seem to be able to find that

tl
  • 2004/5/23 15:59

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

tray5753 wrote:
Hi,
Once in my admin menu i saw something like an option for treating search engine spiders/robots as anonymous users or webmasters or registered users. Now the problem is that i don't seem to be able to find it anymore, but i am sure i saw it somewhere, can anyone tell me where exactly is it? That will be very helpful

There is no such a thing treating spider as a registered user. It is always being treated as anonymous and granted such a previledge. You definitely not want the spider to be webmaster.

DonXoop

I don't think there is a setting for treating spiders as anything but anonymous. You really really really don't want them as anything else. Search results would be useless since a user clicking a link would come in as anonymous anyway. But security is the biggest reason.

You do however set-up your Meta tags etc. to best reflect your site. Personally I set-up a robots.txt file so that spiders (good spiders) don't index portions of my site that would not be beneficial or would go stale quickly.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits