Sheeoni
XCGallery Options?
  • 2004/5/12 12:33

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

I've just added this Mod to my website and I'm loving it so far! It's great! I would love to find out more about the options but as I recall, I downloaded it from Predator's (?) site and it's mostly in german. I have been searching the forums to see if I can find any answers, but nothing yet. I am trying to figure out how user galleries will work.. will I, as an Admin, have access to their galleries to set up and configure for them if need be? I guess I'm just having a bit of trouble with the categories and figuring out how those will work. If anybody can help by posting a link to a related topic or if you can give me a web address.. or even tell me how to access an individuals gallery that would be great! Thank you in advance

*****EDIT*****

Oh, also I've set up a test account. Is that supposed to be able to access the admin options? Is it just admin options for their account? Can I move their galleries to a different directory?

irmtfan
Re: XCGallery Options?
  • 2004/5/12 14:20

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

u can do all of these.

for user galleries go to admin module and check the permission for allowed users to have own galleries.
then i think that works fine.

and user galleries save in the different dir. automatically

Sheeoni
  • 2004/5/13 12:23

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

Thanks for your answer! More specifically however, I was wondering if I can access their galleries to configure them so they don't have to worry about adding galleries =) If I added for them, they would just have to worry about uploading. And is there a way for me to move a picture from one category to another if it is put into the wrong one?

m0nty
  • 2004/5/13 12:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

currently there is no option for admins to create groups for users themselves, as far as i'm aware you can't move a photo either.

if u know how to use MySQL phpmyadmin, i can tell you how to set an album up using that and also how to move an image from 1 album to another.

it involves creating a folder 1st in /modules/xcgal/albums/userpics

the folder structure is as follows..

each member when they create an album will have a folder in userpics with their userid..

ie member 1 will be 10001

member 100 will be 10100 and so on

so create that folder 1st using their user id

if u want to know the sql query to create the album in xcgal let me know.

Sheeoni
  • 2004/5/17 13:07

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

I am intimidated by all the coding lol.. I will let you know if I ever can understand myphpadmin

I have explained to my users what they will need to do to create their own albums.. however, I have a new problem. I want their galleries to be private but now it is not allowing them to be. I have checked the settings and everything looks correct. I also created a test account so that I can have access rights like they do. The problem I am coming into when I try to modify my albums, and change it so that album can be viewed by "members of registered Users" group and I go to click Update.. it says No Update needed. Then, it says Picture/Album does not exist!! But if I log out and go as anon, I can see pictures from the category anyways. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Raymie
  • 2004/5/20 20:37

• Raymie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

Speaking of XCGal options, I have had the need to add a "Purchase Print of Pic" link, like shutterfly. it seems like an easy addition of code, but I am not of the mastery of the rest of this community.

Or is it that XOOPS Gallery is just better and I should switch over?

Thanks for the help

Brad
  • 2004/5/20 21:45

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Quote:
Raymie wrote:
Speaking of XCGal options, I have had the need to add a "Purchase Print of Pic" link, like shutterfly. it seems like an easy addition of code, but I am not of the mastery of the rest of this community.

Or is it that XOOPS Gallery is just better and I should switch over?

"Better" is subjective; quantify your needs. If all you want is a "Purchase Print of Pic" link and XOOPS Gallery has it but xcGallery doesn't, then go with XOOPS Gallery.

Raymie
  • 2004/5/20 22:02

• Raymie

• Just popping in

Thank You, I understand "better" I ama fan of XCGallery and am hoping that there is an option here, or that a wizard would say, "Well we could do that, but XOOPS Gallery is better alltogether because . . . . "

Brad
  • 2004/5/21 2:33

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Although xcGallery currently does not have the functionality you seek, if you describe how the the link would operate it may be added to the next version of xcGallery, currently in development.

Share your thoughts on what would happen after the user clicks the "Purchase Print of Pic" link.

Raymie
  • 2004/5/22 18:19

• Raymie

• Just popping in

After clicking the purchase link, it should simply be an order form with options and a thumbnail of the pic that you are purchasing. The pay site should also put a cookie for future purchases or allow you to browse the xcgallery pics from the pay site in order to purchase multiple pics.

Since I noticed that many of these sites have affiliate programs, I think that it would be appropriate for each pic sold and user sign up through the site be credited to an affilite program just to throw us poor web builders a scrap every now and again.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits