sylvainb
News v1.2 RC1
  • 2004/5/22 7:50

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

First of all, I really want to say that you have both done a good work on it.

Now time for question, is it a wanted thing that we are redirected to the main news page after submitting a news through the admin section of the module?
If I'm going into the 'Submit/Approve Permissions' menu and set up permissions by category (approve then submit and then view), only the last category appear to be set up!
In preferences if I choose in 'Authorized groups to upload' -> Approvers Only, even if I had set up correctly permissions for Webmasters, I can't see the upload option in the form.
But if I choose -> Submitters and Approvers then it's ok.
The mini calendar used to select a start and/or end date isn't working with opera browser and is starting each time on January, 2000.

Just my modest contribution to your great work.

Mithrandir
Re: News v1.2 RC1

Yes, you will need to fix the typo in modules/system/admin/groupperm.php as described in This bug report re. multiple group permission forms

The mini calendar is a core XoopsForm element, which has that bug of starting on Jan. 2000 on first invoking on the page - this will be fixed in XOOPS 2.0.7

edit: Didn't spot all those things, divide them more, please
We have combined the input forms so that the admin area and the user area uses the same input form. I guess it is possible to add a little to make it stay in admin area after submissal - this was not really intended, but after I submit something, I like to see how it looks afterwards, so I let it stay in.

sylvainb
  • 2004/5/22 8:36

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

1 - Sorry, the next time I'll try to make my posts more readable.
2 - I corrected typo in the groupperm.php and it works fine (sorry again to haven't noticed this bug report before ).
3 - As the Webmaster/Submitter of an article (and with corrects permissions), I still can't see the upload option while submitting an article through the admin section with 'Approvers Only' selected.
4 - I understand your point of view concerning the redirection but what about if you have to approve several news? (this is only a reflexion)
5 - Is this post sufficiently divided?

Mithrandir

1 - thank you
3 - Yes, just found a typo in include/submitform.inc.php line 76 should be
case 2:
instead of
case 1:

and Line 79 should be
case 3:

4 - The approval of news could be better, I grant you - perhaps a separate area with the introtext and a checkbox with an "Approve" and "Delete" button below the table?
5 - It is excellent, thank you

davidl2
  • 2004/5/22 9:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This sounds excellent!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits