falke
Articles/News on the first page???
  • 2004/5/16 18:05

• falke

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/25

I have been playing around with XOOPS for a couple of weeks but I have a major problem that I am not able to find a solution to....

I need to produce articles/news that anonomous users can read on the front page, just as the first page of Xoops.org has some articles on its first page....

I must be stupid but I have tried the builtin news, WF and Soapbox without being able to show just a list of articles on the first page for anonomous users.....

Pelase... some guidence is needed urgently.....

Mithrandir
Re: Articles/News on the first page???

System Admin -> Preferences -> General Settings
Set News to front page module.

falke
  • 2004/5/16 19:55

• falke

• Friend of XOOPS

Ahhhh.... thanks mate, that did the trick!

Was it possible to get that from the documentation?

I really think such a good application like XOOPS could benefit a lot with a more appropriate documentation.

Mithrandir

No, it is not in the documentation (could be mentioned in a wiki page, I guess) but I think most of the system settings are if not self-explanatory, then at least they make sense once tried.

People are working on the documentation and I hope to see something a little more indepth than the "Visual introduction to XOOPS" from them - but alas, they are just as busy as the rest of us

falke
  • 2004/5/16 20:11

• falke

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes, I understand that people are busy.....

But I think some explanation on how group and module settings works together, combined with some tips and tricks how to make a normal site would be very useful for the newbies. I think that some of the pitholes are there for almost everybody... right?
regards/falke

Login

Who's Online

911 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 911

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits