finner
Catching up
  • 2004/5/16 1:22

• finner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/26

we al luse XOOPS here and understand how important our databases are... well my webhosters had a problem with my server and lost my database so it all went away.. about 2 weeks later i am at a point where i am missing a lot and dont have the time. anyone know of a good way to back a database?

Finnerspage.com

limecity
Re: Catching up
  • 2004/5/16 1:31

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Sorry to hear about that database problem. Yea.. it really does sux alot.

Seems like the only way is backup it through your website's cpanel using the backup option.

Maybe others have other ways to do this.

finner
  • 2004/6/20 4:57

• finner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/26

well almost everything is set a few mods to it since then... traffic picked up a bit more too. considering when i started the neew site i got about 400 visitors a month i get about 2500 now

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/20 9:58

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

there used to be a backup module available for download, however, i could not find it. so i have uploaded the mod to my site. you can dl it here: http://dcdezines.ca/downloads/backup.zip

1) copy the directory 'backup' into your 'modules' directory
2) chmod the subfolder /backup/cache to 777
3) chmod the subfolder /backup to 777
4) Install the module as usual in XOOPS (system admin - modules)

Important!!
5) go to the groups admin menu and make sure only webmasters have access to this block
6) go to the blocks administration and make it visible
7) go to the XOOPS admin page and adjust the the preferences for the backup module to your likings.
(for example you can choose whether to have the backup sent by mail, downloaded or stored into the cache directory.)
8) Please test if step 5 is working correctly. Otherwise everyone might be able to download your database if configured for download mode.

please let me know if you have downloaded as i will only keep it up for a few days.

this module has been very useful for me.

Bender
  • 2004/6/20 14:22

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Just for your information:

You uploaded version 2.16 on your server. There have been newer versions released meanwhile. The authors homepage is http://www.nagl.ch . (Downloads don´t require login)

Quote:
Version 2.20
- Zugriffsberechtigung kann im Modul selber konfiguriert werden (XOOPS-Funktion)
--> Access control can now be set within the module

Version 2.19
- Language german, englisch, italian, nederlands, french, spanish, portugues.do.brasil and russian (THX Marc-André)

Version 2.18
- readme.txt changed

Version 2.17
- Language german, englisch, italian, nederlands, french, spanish

Though i don´t know why this module isn´t up here anymore. I could bet it was in the past. (but maybe i confuse it with myxoops.org)

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits