trezise
how are images handled
  • 2004/5/12 20:24

• trezise

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/30

I uploaded some images through the image manager, but I can't seem to get access to them. In the sections configuration you are given an opportunity to give a section an image, but giving it the name of any images loaded has no effect. The images are in the uploads directory, but the names are apparently system generated. Can someone point me to the relevant documents? I looked through the user manual, but I don't see anything I can use there

kahumbu
Re: how are images handled
  • 2004/5/12 20:32

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Can you be a bit more specific at what you want to do?

The way modules want their icons or section images uploaded are different from the way the Image Manager uploads files. Some mods want you to FTP them to an images/ or uploads/ directory.

Images uploaded through the Image Manager can be used for News articles or Forum Posts.

Mithrandir

Images uploaded through the Image Manager is available through the Image Manager - i.e. with the use of a XoopsFormDhtmlArea (which I don't know if Sections has - but WF-Sections has, so I recommend using that instead of the standard Sections module)

trezise
  • 2004/5/12 20:53

• trezise

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/30

In the standard sections module --> sections configuration you can name your section, and are given a textbox to load an image. There is no browse button, therefore the image must be already uploaded. I uploaded images through image manager, assuming that they would be available systemwide.

I'm just starting with XOOPS. In Plone, there is a toolbox that can be launched and you can navigate to various parts of the system and select images to be embedded. I may be carrying that paradigm with me, unfortunately. Hard to shift gears sometimes. Thanks for the quick response.

JackJ
  • 2004/5/12 21:45

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

trezise

the standard sections module is depreciated, it does not use the XOOPS image manager

your image should be uploaded to:

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/sections/images/myimage.gif

soabox or wfsection has a lot more features

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits