dingclancy
Topics Module
  • 2004/5/8 10:55

• dingclancy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Hello i have just installed XOOPS on my local host and im very interested in this!! =)

one question though.. i cannot find the page where you can browse all the topics? like the topics module in phpnuke? is there something in there that i didn't see or is there a mod for it???

Mithrandir
Re: Topics Module

Welcome aboard.

First a little caution: Please don't double-post in multiple (or the same) forums. It clutters up the forum and spreads the answers (really annoying to answer a question and then go on to find thread #2 with the same answer in it = waste of time)

When that is said and done, I think you need to define "topics" a little more. I am not sure, what you put in that word and hence not sure what would be in the "browse all the topics"

dingclancy
  • 2004/5/8 11:25

• dingclancy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

umm like these..

http://www.phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Topics

i assumed it in there?? or i have to find a mod to have that??
sorry for that double post..

Mithrandir

A topic is a News topic, right? I mean, all topics are taken from the same module and used in the Topics module?

Next version of News (v1.2 - currently in beta) will have the option of showing news per topic - which will list a number (set in module preferences) of news grouped together in topics. I think this is the closest we can get right now.

You can see the beta in action here

limecity
  • 2004/5/8 13:10

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Is it open for testing?

Mithrandir

Sure is:
Get News 1.2 beta here

There are some shortcomings and found bugs - so if you really want the latest version, it is in the XOOPS CVS, modules/news folder.

You'll need This group permissions bugfix if you want to try the various permissions.
Do keep in mind that it is NOT suitable for production and that it will not work properly just after a module update. It needs to be (re-)installed

Login

Who's Online

949 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 949

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits