Fritz
Problem Choosing Template Set in Prefs
  • 2004/5/6 15:39

• Fritz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/5 1

I have cloned the default template set, immediately following a fresh install of XOOPS via the cPanel installer script. The version installed is 2.0.5.2.

Now, when I choose the cloned template set to be the default in the Preferences > General Settings and click the Submit button, I get a blank page. If I go back it is clear that the change did not stick. The default template set is still assigned as the Default Template Set.

(BTW, that duplication of terms should be addressed in a future version. Perhaps the actual defaul set should be called something else, like template set one, while the preference title remains Default Template Set.)

I have tried this several times with the same result. I even deleted the installation and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

Mithrandir
Re: Problem Choosing Template Set in Prefs

in system admin -> preferences -> general settings, put on php debug and then try change the template set again.

WarDick
  • 2004/5/6 16:12

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Go to system admin panel
select preferences
select General Setting
Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? select yes

You can rename your template when you clone it.

Oops sorry Mithrandir I did not mean to butt in.

Mithrandir

np - and your solution is if he has modified the theme files directly

Templates (not themes) edited in the files (i.e. not through templates admin) are updated on module installation/update only.

Fritz
  • 2004/5/6 18:14

• Fritz

• Just popping in

Thanks Mithrandir!

I tried again with the PHP Debugging turned on and got a fatal error:

Fatal errorSmarty: [in db:system_block_online.html line 5]: syntax errorinvalid attribute name'k.lang_more' (Smarty_Compiler.class.phpline 1334in /home/tastesof/public_html/xoops/class/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 1824

Since I'm unfamiliar with Smarty and only moderately experienced with PHP, this one is over my head.

Mithrandir

seems you have forgotten a $ in front of a variable name in line 5 of system_block_online

Fritz
  • 2004/5/6 18:26

• Fritz

• Just popping in

I haven't modified any templates yet. In fact, this is a brand new installation. I haven't done anything but duplicate the template set.

Mithrandir

Something has gone wrong, then - try and delete the cloned template set and re-clone it.

Fritz
  • 2004/5/6 18:46

• Fritz

• Just popping in

OK, I deleted the set, then made a new clone of the default set.

But, I'm still getting the same error message when I try to choose the cloned set in the preferences.

What now?

Fritz
  • 2004/5/6 18:55

• Fritz

• Just popping in

I fixed the problem by editing the template "system_block_online.html". For some reason, two returns were inserted into the middle of a variable. Removing them solved the problem, and I'm able to select the cloned set as the default set now.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits