mattm
Re: Possible problem in databasefactory.php ??
  • 2004/3/30 18:13

• mattm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/8 2

davidl2 wrote:
Quote:

www.3dpixelnet.com :) - hosting from £15 per year, and i've found them inexpensive and very helpful indeed!

You're not an employee are you?

davidl2
  • 2004/3/30 19:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Nope :)

Just a happy customer :)

(I also promote XOOPS just as eagerly - but sadly I dont work for the team here either :))

Candy
  • 2004/4/5 20:12

• Candy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/31

Hmm, I am not sure this this related to slow ISP or what. But it does happended on my local machine this morning after I shut down the WinXP and restart.
I have Xooops 2.06 with IPB 1.4D installed. Yes, I also lost all my database Also I can not login myphphadmin even with the correct password.

msc_buff
  • 2004/4/20 11:38

• msc_buff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/14

I have the same problem and I can guarantee that it is NOT related to a slow ISP. I am running everything on my local machine (W2k, Apache 2.0.44, PHP 4.3.0, MySQL 4.0.18, P4-1.7GHZ) and this error started happening right after the upgrade to 2.06.

I haven't had any time to try a roll back but it seems pretty clear something is up with XOOPS...

Herko
  • 2004/4/20 11:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

As you can see in the posts on this thread, every instance this problem uccurred, it was a server issue, not a XOOPS issue.

Try to connect to the database with another application, and make absolutely sure that the information in the mainfile.php in the XOOPS site's root folder is coorect (database name, user, password, etc.) Mind the formatting (case sensitive) issues here.

Again, if this were a XOOPS related issue, we would have had many reports that were not due to bad hosting and server management.

Herko

Daigoro
  • 2004/4/20 15:29

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

Perhaps it would be fine to show more information when this error happens. For example, make a user freindly error page, and allow the admin to get some information about why exactly the error happend.

I've not yet looked at the code, but I'm sure it's possible to do relative easy.

Errors could be something like "Database timeout" and "Database refused connection" etc.

BoDGie
  • 2004/4/20 15:37

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 1

Quote:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page forassistance.Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

This error does infact mean there are currently too many connections to the database server. 100% the webhosts problem.

Would be nice if it would display a nice message like "Site is busy. Check back later" tho :P

Daigoro
  • 2004/4/20 20:25

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

BoDGie, did you check the source, and are sure this error only occours when the database return a "too many connections error"?
In that case, I think the nice message should reflect it clearly.

BoDGie
  • 2004/4/21 0:32

• BoDGie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 1

Yerp absolutly positive it means too many connections to the database server.

msc_buff
  • 2004/4/21 12:48

• msc_buff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/14

It seems odd that it would be a SERVER issue when I have NEVER had the problem before upgrading to the new XOOPS. Also, how could the mainfile.php suddenly become a problem? It has worked ever since I first installed XOOPS and worked 5 seconds ago before I got the error page. As far as the 'too many connections' theory that doesn't hold up in my standalone setup either unless XOOPS goes crazy and needs more then the default of 100 for max_connections in MySQL. In addition, I access the database numerous times for tweaking with PHPMyAdmin (v2.5.5-pl1) and MySQL Control Center (v0.9.4-beta) and have never had any timeout/connection errors.

It almost behaves like a login/timeout issue. If I let it sit for a while and click a link it gives me the error. If I click logout first and then log back in the link works fine.

I should really do a rollback to see if it fixes the problem so I will try that...Maybe XOOPS debug would give a more verbose error message???

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits