EGBlacky
login loop
  • 2004/4/17 8:14

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/20

I think I have posted this somewhere before then gave up on it. I have two websites (www.blackmoonskeep.net/shoguate and www.shogunate.net). My blackmoonkseep.net/shogunate works fine as far as logging in (the site was turned off because I thought I had my other site fixed) and www.shogunate.net was working just fine until tonight. It sends me into a login loop. Both sites are on the same host so the set-up hasn't changed. I did a fresh install of XOOPS 2.0.6 and restored a MySQL dump from my first site. All was working great, but now it just loops me back. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem (I think there were a few) and don't know if anyone figured out what was wrong. Any ideas???

P.S. When I am able to log in, it will let me on the site for a while then log me back off. Then I have to go through the loop again or just wait for a bit and it logs me in with no problems.

Herko
Re: login loop
  • 2004/4/17 8:32

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Do you have some firewall software running that may be blocking your http header information? That (and cookies enabled) is nessecary to login to a XOOPS site.

Do a search for firewall here on the forums to see hundreds of posts about this issue.

Herko

EGBlacky
  • 2004/4/17 13:17

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

No, no firewall, and cookies are enabled. Nothing has changed with the server side or client side. Now it seems to be working ok. But then it will start to mess up again.

EGBlacky
  • 2004/4/18 20:57

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

Maybe this could be a database error? I took this database from the previous website under a different domain. Is there something in the MySQL dump that I need to fix? like replacing the old domain entries with the new domain? It is really wierd because it has just recently started doing this after over a week of no problems.

CBlue

Could be a database or server error. Have you tried contacting your webhost provider to see if they have done any upgrading or changing to your site's server recently?

shelley
  • 2004/4/18 21:19

• shelley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/8

what version of php is installed in the server?
I have had the same problem with the v. 4.06

EGBlacky
  • 2004/4/19 17:18

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

They haven't done anything with the server itself. Both of my websites run on the same server, so I am pretty much convinced it lies somewhere else. My host is running PHP version 4.3.3.

But keep in mind, BOTH of my websites are on the SAME server. One is XOOPS 2.0.5 and my problem child is on XOOPS 2.0.6.

Medel
  • 2004/4/21 4:54

• Medel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/21

well i have the same problem.. i used to have a firewall but i unisntall and the problem continues.. y checked the user.php and all, i turned on all the debugs and nothing... maybe is my user's isp, because sometimes only the ones with the same isp fail to login, but.. is something to do? they tell me they are able to login, no problems, on other XOOPS sites, they have no firewall active.. so i dont know... register is ok, once loged they dont get kicked out, y cleaned the MySQL tables too...

www.viciopolis.tk if anyone wants to check...

Cluering
  • 2004/4/21 8:55

• Cluering

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/18

I had the same problem and solved it. In https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17690&forum=4&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20
I subsumed all possible solutions I picked up on the way...

Good luck

Carsten

EGBlacky
  • 2004/4/30 5:31

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

I finally sat down to work on it, and all I did was edit the cookie sessions in the admin preferences. works like a charm now!

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits