davidl2
Xoops vs E-Xoops
  • 2004/4/18 13:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Here's a simple (?!) question....

How compatible are Exoops & XOOPS modules? ie - is it possible in most cases to use an exoops module on Xoops, given that they share a common ancestory?

It would mean that we can use some of "their" modules - which is always nice ... even if e-xoops users could not do the same (given the nature of Smarty etc...)

Anonymous
Re: Xoops vs E-Xoops
  • 2004/4/18 13:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

e-xoops is based on XOOPS 1.3.x so some changes has to be done, but if you don`t know e-xoops is gone, lets wait and see whats happend? Maybe also Smarty integration

From www.e-xoops.com

Quote:

Dear user of the TRUE e-xoops ...

We apologize for our temporary shutdown,
and would like to give you some info on why the OFFICIAL e-xoops sites are closed for a little while .....

There has been alot of argueing in the developer team, which has led to alot of unnessescary discussions - Leading to nowhere.

The quarrel started on basis of the forthcoming namechange which has broken the official Dev team into thousand of pieces.

Furthermore some of the old dev members has conspired against the whole system (incl. the teamleader), by going their own ways, playing by their own rules which isn't a solid base for further development and further cooperation within the "existing team".

In our deeply opinion we don't find that this procedure match our perception of true democracy and co-operation !!!

We've gotta face the realities : A couple of guys killed e-xoops by being illoyal and unserious,
and this leads to the official death of the e-xoops name and the existing development .

And to correct some VERY bad misunderstandings : e-xoops core and FUTURE development isn't dead at all ...
We just change the name - thats all ;)

The main purpous of the namechange is to avoid being connected/associated with another cms system called XOOPS.
Unfortunately some members of e-xoops community didn't get the issue right , which we are truly truly sorry for .

So YES : The e-xoops NAME IS DEAD .....
We just burried it today - no more argueings, struggling and battles - It's A complete waste of time.
The system NEEDS renewal - Which I don't think the TRULY fans of e-xoops disagree in ...

So goodbye my dear friend - may you rest in peace :

The common situation in despite, we've descided to cancel any further development cooperation on the existing base.
That means goodbye to alot of dev. members in whom we've descided not to trust and not to work along with in the future.

Our future development NEEDS calm and rest, and we couldn't let things be controlled by a bunch of power-crazed teens, and their senior associateds.

The e-xoops core is WAY to valuable for that :) - BUT DON'T WORRY ...
The new domains and the new e-xoops name is on it's way and we're looking forward to present the MAJOR changes for you .
As the situation are at this very moment we won't be able to give a precise time horizon for reopening and introduction of the brand "new" cms-system - But we'll be back - count on that !!!.

In the meanwhile ALL of the e-xoops themes and the cvs has been discontinued to avoid the "stealing" from the catalanian "support-site"...
If you're in DEEP need of any themes please let us know, and we'll sorten things out.

NEW DEV TEAM : We're looking for future support/dev team members - Interested ?
Then send us an e-mail on : webmaster@e-xoops.dk describing your skills and expectations on a cooperation .
Hope to hear from you asap ....

In the meanwhile we suggest you to visit the official Language supportsites:

GERMAN - FRENCH - ARABIC - ITALIAN - RUSSIAN - PORTUGUESE

And of course for moduls: MODSCENTRAL!

Latest version of E-Xoops = E-Xoops 1.05R3 You'll find here

Thanks for your patience - and sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused to any of our loyal users.

Best regards

Jan Cordsen
a.k.a. Farsus
dev team leader/e-xoops

meme
  • 2004/4/18 13:44

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

lol
they must read XOOPS will be change to onther name
lol

davidl2
  • 2004/4/18 14:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Hmmm - I know.... perhaps add Smarty... better features... and .... I know - why not simply give up and join the XOOPS team!

Seriously though - module compatibility? Would it really depend on the nature of the module?

Herko
  • 2004/4/18 14:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

some e-xoops modules work with XOOPS2, but they're using deprecated classes and functions. It's like having a good conversation with a chimpansee We both share a common ancestry (99% same DNA even), but communication is done on different levels.

About the e-xoops 'business': it was a fork and they continued to develop, which I can only encourage. Another fork called h-xoops also stopped existing, so I guess this is a trend. I haven't had any offers to merge again however. This is an open ivitation for them to join our dev teams If you talk to them, let them know we'll welcome them into our midst with open arms

Herko

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits