• 2004/3/21 5:20

• xoopoop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/21

Hello,
New to using XOOPS I am creating a site
http://www.flashpack.ca.tt/
which is running xoops

I am wondering is there a mod or hack or some way I can make it so users can submit files not urls? And restrict to a certain file type, like lets say SWF files.

Thanks in advance for any help

javier
Re: File Submissions Instead of URL
  • 2004/3/21 11:32

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

The module mydownloads RC1 has all that, but is a release candidate version, them is not recomendable for production sites,
anyways works fine,
search in the news,downloads for these module.

and exist a mydownload RC2 module in proyect too.

---
that´s you first option,
your second option is include in your site a external php upload script and after that collect all the files from the uploaded files folder.
the only thing you have to do, is fill the file url with your internal ubication after that.

that works very good in my old site (1.3.x based) the upload process had 2 steps,
the first one where the user fill the original mydownloads form with all the file details,
after that redirect the users to the uploader script page where they can upload the files to a folder.

grettings

xoopoop
  • 2004/3/22 9:14

• xoopoop

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help, but mydownloads rc1 doesn't work for me because I found out we're running version 2.0.6. So how would/do I setup an external script to let users upload files with XOOPS are there any tutorials on how to do this?

javier
  • 2004/3/22 11:23

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

make a search in google as "php upload script tutorial" you will find alot of tutorials and resources.

take care of choose one with configurable control over the file extensions, (for only allow *.jpg,*.zip,etc not *.php,etc) because anybody can hack your site if upload a certain php file.
A good site with alot of free php scripts ishttp://www.hotscripts.com/

grettings

xoopoop
  • 2004/3/22 19:42

• xoopoop

• Just popping in

Thanks for your help again, I have a few uploader scripts now. Can I just cut & past the upload section of the scipt into the submit.php in mydownloads module?

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits