gwmbox
newbb only show category
  • 2004/3/17 5:32

• gwmbox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/17

Hi

New XOOPS User, Member and this is my first post - so be nice

I am working on a site that has over 1200 static pages, several databases and also forums, and so far all seems to be working out well, slow but well - anyway its the forums I have a problem with.

Firstly- Is it possible to setup the forums that when displayed only the categories are displayed initially, then the user clicks on the category to access the forums in that category - why because i have over 280 forums - can you imagine displaying them all in one big long list - not good. I have about twenty categories and then the forums within those categories. Out of interest my existign forums are using Ultraboard 2000 (ultrascripts is dead - has been for quite a while).

Secondly - I have been able to extrat my forums posts etc from UB2k to IPBv1.2, I can update to v1.3 no problems - what I want to know is how do I get from IPB 1.2 or 1.3 to NewBB

Any ideas?

Thanks

Herko
Re: newbb only show category
  • 2004/3/17 6:25

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The first issue is a deep one. You'll have to edit the templates and add a new template to the module. But it is also tied in with the second question.

Why not use http://www.bbpixel.com s IPBModule for XOOPS?

Herko

gwmbox
Re: newbb only show category
  • 2004/3/17 7:50

• gwmbox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/17

Excellent!

Login

Who's Online

735 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 735

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits